Landlord messed up my water bill now being disconnected

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Muchado
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Landlord messed up my water bill now being disconnected

Post by Muchado »

I need help paying my water bill. It is getting close to being shut off and when I moved into my apartment in August 2013, my landlord told me he would be paying the water bill. Well come to find out that he never paid a cent and never had the water bill put in my name. We was receiving the bill and not telling me what was owed and I was still under the impression that he was paying it therefore I owe like 450 dollars and its getting close to being disconnected. If you can help me please call.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Landlord messed up my water bill now being disconnected

Post by Admin »

What does your lease say? Does it say the landlord needed to pay it? If it is in writing, then talk to an attorney in Arkansas. Also, where was the water bill being mailed too? You? If it went to the landlord that will strengthen your case. But locate free legal assistance in Arkansas.
Linden

Re: Landlord messed up my water bill now being disconnected

Post by Linden »

Hello,
I am facing water disconnection today, suddenly, from FGUA here in Pasco county.
I am a single mother of three, two of my three have severe disabilities. I have been working with my water company to pay the excess money that accumulated when they said they were only sending me estimated bills and not full usage...for six months. My landlord never gave me said water bills. I am struggling to catch up, but they said they will not allow any more time, even though I have been sending timely payments each month.