Rental assistance programs in NYC?

State and local government assistance programs.
HokkaidoWolf
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Rental assistance programs in NYC?

Post by HokkaidoWolf »

So I am on SSI and I get $800 every month. I need help with my rent, I also get food stamps so that helps. Is there any rental assistance programs in New York City?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rental assistance programs in NYC?

Post by Admin »

There are tons of programs for NYC. While it depends on funding and your qualifications, you can try to call around. For example, if your total income is only $800 how to you plan to pay rent in the future? An agency won't help you if you can't stabilize yourself. But here are some places to try.
HokkaidoWolf

Post by HokkaidoWolf »

Thanks but the link you provided doesn't work. It's invalid.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are so sorry about that. Try this. The last post was missing an "l"

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
MacroPed191

Post by MacroPed191 »

I have a 4 month old son and a 4 year old daughter. I was evicted out of my apartment in New York City 5 days ago, and have been spending what little money I had for a new apartment, on hotel rooms, quick food, storage shed, you haul, diapers, etc. I am running out of money fast, and I can't find a place to live!
I won't be able to afford an apartment, and living out of hotels much longer. I feel I still have chance right now, but I am scared. In the past two years I have been through a tremendous amount of pain, including losing my son. I just need someone to help me find a place to live. PLEASE HELP us
Sincerely,
GagLine

Post by GagLine »

I am sending this email to see if I can get help with my rent. I am two months behind on my rent and with me only getting paid 8.25 there is no way I can pay the past due. I am working and looking for a second job, so since I have a job it is hard for me to get assistance with my rent. I am asking in good faith if there is any way I can get help or if you know anyone that may can help me and my two kids, it will be a blessing to my family. I live in East queens 79403.