Financial resources in Maine

State and local government assistance programs.
Gordon
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Financial resources in Maine

Post by Gordon »

I am looking for any and all help I could possibly qualify for at the moment. I'm a single parent of two Children. I'm very recently single and unemployed. I was looking for work but now have no transportation because my son's father punched out my windshield when we broke up, so now without transportation I'm at a standstill.

I don't qualify for TANF so I have absolutely no income, except for food stamps. I found a furnished house with a couple of bedrooms I was able to move into owing rent and security dep. But I'm now being told I need to come up with some$$. It's cold and my children and I need coats because we had to leave some of our things behind. Easter is this month and I barely get by with the food stamps I receive. The oil tank is almost empty! As well as Christmas is around the corner and I have no idea what I'm going to do? Thank you for any referrals, etc this site may be able to assist me with. I'm in search of any assistance for where I'm living in Gray, Maine 04039.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Financial resources in Maine

Post by Admin »

All apartments will always require people to come up with money for rent and/or a deposit. It will be hard to get approved without a job. Can you move in with a friend or family member? That is a lot of expenses and if you don't have a job, or prospect of one, it is very doubtful an agency in Maine will help you. But feel free to look around at these resources. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Ranson1

Post by Ranson1 »

Losing everything. Water turned off. House just before foreclosure. Can't put gas in car to transport kids to and from. Can't afford medicine. Both parents have been terminally ill. Trying to take care of them. Finally has become too much and it has finally broke me down.
I am severely depressed and now pregnant, too add to everything. Been so sick and depressed had to take some time off work from my job in Portland Maine. Still have a job but haven't had a check In 12 weeks just before this there was a house fire that really started most of the downward spiral.
Lucent

Post by Lucent »

I have just lost my job and on a hardcore hunt for a new one in Bangor Maine. I'm married and have a 4 year old autistic son and a 2 year old little girl. Now we have 0$ income. We do not get any assistance from state. I was wondering if I can be pointed in right way to seek help for Christmas or food and bills until I get back on feet soon I have faith. Any help is appreciated in a time like this. Thank you god bless.
Chris Klein

Post by Chris Klein »

My Family has suffered a terrible tragedy and we are currently living in the Vacation Land Inn in Brewer Maine. We have to pay a total of $1,040. $560 of it is due tomorrow which I can pay but I'll have no money left. And the other $480 is due Monday. If I can get some help with this $1040 I will be caught up and able to pay myself from here on out. I just started working in Maine, as did my fiance and we just need help paying this one lump sum or some other financial resources. If you can help or know someone who can help please contact me.