PHA and section 8 programs in Mississippi

Find how to get help with rent
Bluecross
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

PHA and section 8 programs in Mississippi

Post by Bluecross »

I have been approved for an low income apartment at in Ecru, MS from section 8 PHA. I don't have enough money to pay all the deposits $300 for the security deposit then $200 for lights and $100 for gas. I work as an assistant teacher so that's almost what I make in a months time. I really need help to get my kids and I out of our current living situation. Thanks for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: PHA and section 8 programs in Mississippi

Post by Admin »

What did the public housing authority, or the place you received your section 8 application from, say? Did they have any suggestions on getting help for the security deposit? In general, they are hard to get, but there are some possibilities for those with section 8 in Mississippi. Here are some suggestions. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... sippi.html
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

To whom it may concern,
I am in desperate need of help with paying my rent as well as my electricity bill and section 8 in Mississippi. I have been unemployed for the last couple of months, and although I have filed for unemployment due to other circumstances, I was not approved.
However, I am on the verge of being evicted from my home in Florence, MS of 3 years due to being behind in rent, and also my light bill. My landlord covers up to $60 of the light bill, and I am responsible for the remaining balance after that, but due to not being able to work or catch up on any of my bills....I have fallen behind in just about everything.
Please can someone please help me or point me in the direction that I need to go to get assistance for the Mississippi section 8 program. Thank you. I can be reached better via email because my cell barely has any service where I live.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Section 8 will not pay rent. It is an income based program. But try a charity for those bills. In the meantime, learn more on section 8 income subsidized apartments and homes.
Joanne wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:31 pm To whom it may concern,
I am in desperate need of help with paying my rent as well as my electricity bill and section 8.