I am disabled in Indiana

State and local government assistance programs.
JohnsonC
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I am disabled in Indiana

Post by JohnsonC »

I am a single mother, very low income on SSI & SSDI. I am disabled and a felon. I have one daughter with me & one being sent to Indianapolis Indiana. We will be homeless by the end of the month. We are living with ex husband. He wants us out of his house. He doesn't like my kids and finds fault with everything they do. Its like walking on eggshells. Very stressful & uncomfortable.
I'm almost 44 years old. I'm working on my credit and my rental references are good. I cannot find any programs to help us out because of me being a felon. Its been just about four years and I graduated drug court after being the program for two and a half years. I also did inpatient and outpatient drug counseling and rehabilitation. We are good clean people that most people like. Do you have any thoughts on this situation ? I’ve never manufactured Meth and have no * crimes and also never had any housing assistance from the state of Indiana. Please help with any resources possible. Thank you for your help.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: I am disabled in Indiana

Post by Admin »

Well, there are tons of disability resources in Indiana. But to your point, we don't know if they assist people with a record. We just say call around, see if someone can help, or maybe offer referrals. Look into applying for federal SSDI as well, as they may not restrcit you. That cash can be used for living expenses, and continue with Indiana disability programs.
silva

Post by silva »

I moved to Indianapolis a few years ago to better my self and further my education. I use to live in Washington. I lived there with my mother and 3 siblings. I am the oldest one when I was in high school I messed up during freshmen year due to working in the migrant program. As I realized that I wasn't doing good I stopped working during the school year. As time passed I worked only during the summer by the end of high school I had caught up with all my school credits and successfully graduated a whole month early. I stayed with my family for 2 years after high school. Working the fields and Warehouses. Towards December of this year I realized time has passed by and that I haven't done anything but work in the fields not furthered my education in any way. I saw no future there. My friends told me that out here there was great opportunities more work lower priced commission on school. As soon as I heard those things it brought hope into my heart. I saved my money and decided to move out to Indiana.
I have a sister here in Indiana. She was nice enough I to give me a sofa to sleep in. I feel like I have over stayed my stay I have given her what money I can. I have been working for Wal Mart for 3 weeks my first check was 91.35. I decided to give that to her to help contribute towards the home. I have been riding a bike to work but now it's getting much to cold for that so I might ask a coworker to give me rides but I'm not sure any of my coworkers live out to where I do. I was doing some research on where I can find some extra food that way my aunt wouldn't feel like I am eating up her food. I found this website it's filled with all kinda of information. I am having a difficult time viewing it all though do to my pore mobile service. I have so meany questions to ask like for example. Back in Washington I had medical they were fixing my teethe gave me braces but I did not know that once I left Washington those perks would stop now I am stuck with brackets and wires on my teeth is there any way I can find some dental or health insurance that would be a reasonable price? I'm sorry I just have so meany questions. This is my first time being in my own. I hope that I can get some sort of guidance and advise from this program or organization which ever it may be. Just sending this email give me some hope that some one out there will read it and see what situation I am in and give me some kind of guidance. Thank you very much for taking your time to read this. Hope to hear back.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You may want to look into one of the grant based programs in Indiana, as they cover the disabled. But the cost of insurance is more affordable, there are food programs including SNAP in Indiana, and other disability grants. Now the process could take months to apply to, so maybe try a pantry first for the crisis. At that same time, look into the disability grant programs. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rants.html