Community action in Rhode Island out of funds

People looking for general financial assistance.
Also look here for programs on the main NHPB site for local financial help.
Boehner
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Community action in Rhode Island out of funds

Post by Boehner »

Hello,
I am a resident of East Providence, Rhode Island.
I am having extreme difficulty in paying my water bill and am extremely behind.
I was wondering if you know of any way I can get assistance for this.
I have contacted my Community Action and they do not assist with water only gas and electric, which I am already getting help with. I also need help with rent and medicines.
Please let me know of any place I can get assistance for my water bill.
Verlanders

Re: Community action in Rhode Island out of funds

Post by Verlanders »

I am helping my brother.
Jim had a very tough last 6 months. He was let go from his job in Providence on August 1 due to miss communication when he called in sick for work. They said he did not call in so they replaced him. He has been searching for a job. Lives with a friend, that why he still has a place to sleep. Today the power was shut off for no payment.
Jim has a job offer but he must pass his CDL drivers test, which cost $300 to get your number & rent the truck. No job, no unemployment benefits.
Now he is really in trouble as his phone bill is due in a few days, 6 months behind in his rent, & now the power is off.
Jim is 61 years old, has diabetes, & has limited
Mobility. He is a driver by trade.
Jim needs the power turned on, $40 for his phone, medical card so he can get his medications & $300 so he can get his CDL and begin work ASAP. He currently receives $190 for food, but that is all.
Can you help? Please call me.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Community action in Rhode Island out of funds

Post by Admin »

There are other places to try in Rhode Island for help...not just community action. Find a list of city and country resources here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... rogra.html
As far as CDL test, maybe the government offers some aid or low cost loans too. Check with a job center.
Verlanders wrote:I am helping my brother.
Jim had a very tough last 6 months. He was let go from his job in Providence on August 1 due to miss communication when he called in sick for work. They said he did not call in so they replaced him. He has been searching for a job. Lives with a friend, that why he still has a place to sleep. Today the power was shut off for no payment.
Jim has a job offer but he must pass his CD