Places for help in Kentucky

State and local government assistance programs.
F Smith
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Places for help in Kentucky

Post by F Smith »

My Fiancé and I rent out his parents house for the monthly price of $575. However soon they will be selling this house and we need to find a new home in Kentucky. We have not been able to save any money because my Fiancé is the only one who works while I stay home with our one year old son. I would be out there working too if we had someone else to watch our son or if we could afford daycare. We are barely able to live paycheck by paycheck and are often late with our bills due to shortage of money. We really need assistance in finding a new affordable home for our family but we have no idea how to start. Any information or help you could give us would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Morley

Re: Places for help in Kentucky

Post by Morley »

I receive $300 per month in child support, food stamps for food and Medicaid for medical insurance for my son and I. I have to pay a storage unit to keep what little possessions and vehicle insurance on my car each month. By the time I pay these two items and put gas in the car just to go to my doctor and therapy appointments each month, I am left with basically nothing to live on.
I suffer from a variety of medical conditions, including asthma, sever anxiety, severe depression, panic attacks, etc. and have filed for disability benefits in Kentucky, but as I am sure you know this is a lengthy process. My therapist has told me that there are agencies or organizations that would come out and get us hooked up properly so that the camper is habitable and safe from a fire hazard but I have no idea where to start.
Can your organization help me at all or provide me with the information of who might? I have called the local Salvation Army office and my town in Kentucky and left a message for them, but have yet to hear back. I have phone numbers for a few other places that I will try to call next, but I am having difficulty knowing where to turn.
Please help.
Hulug

Post by Hulug »

I just turned 20. My mother died when I was 18, and my father is on drugs. I have worked hard since I was 17 years old, but I cannot get on my feet. I want to move out of the house in Louisville Kentucky with my father; he is incredibly irresponsible. He steals my money and spends it on drugs; leaves the power and water bills unpaid and spends money on narcotics instead. I feel hopeless, helpless, and ashamed, and I just need help getting on my feet. My life is an everyday struggle filled with stress and resentment. I only want to better my life; get my life started. Thank you.
J Bush

Post by J Bush »

We need help with paying our rent. We are $300.00 short this month, I have been trying to apply for jobs here in Louisville Kentucky and I have had no luck with getting a job to call back. My wife gets disability pay but we had to pay on some other bills that we are behind on as well. Before they all get shut off.
We have tried every way to keep are bills and rent caught up the landlord is wanting rent today 12/16/15 before the end of the day. We are trying to see if he could wait for a couple more days till I can figure something out. I'm stressing out and my wife is stressed and I am running out of ways of coming up with the money for everything.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

$300 is not a lot of money. There may be help in Kentucky for you. Find resources.
But you need a job. There are tons of positions in Louisville as well as other nearby towns and cities.
J Bush wrote:We need help with paying our rent. We are $300.00 short this month, I have been trying to apply for jobs here in Louisville Kentucky and I have had no luck with getting a job to call back. My wife gets disability pay but we had to pay on some other bills that we are behind on as well. Before they all get shut off.
We have tried every way to keep are bills and rent caught up the landlord is wanting rent today 12/16/15 before the end of the day. We are trying to see if he could wait for a couple more days till I can figure something out. I'm stressing out and my wife is stressed and I am running out of ways of coming up with the money for everything.