Programs for elderly mother in law

State and local government assistance programs.
Troyyer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Programs for elderly mother in law

Post by Troyyer »

Hello,
I am trying to find financial assistance for my mother in law. Upon visiting her this weekend she asked my husband to fix a leak in her roof. While inspecting the leak he noticed that the entire porch roof was rotted and falling off the house. Not only that but the main roof on her house has not been shingled for years. When looking at the roof you can see the wooden shingles. She is not able to pay to have her entire roof redone. My husband and I are not able to help due to our financial situation. If there is any way we can find assistance for her that would be great. She is elderly, but she has a granddaughter that stays with her from time to time that has Charge syndrome and needs to be in a safe house. We want her to be able to take care of her grandchildren when she wants to and not have to go to everyone else's house because her own is run down. I am unsure where to turn to help her out. I would greatly appreciate some numbers to call or something. She lives in Florida. Thank you so much for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Programs for elderly mother in law

Post by Admin »

Fixing a leaking roof is rare. Sometimes a charity such as the Salvation Army has people that volunteer to help the elderly out around their home. They can do some basic tasks. Or maybe a handyman will volunteer to help with the roof patching. But it sounds like some major issues with rooting porch, etc. Maybe the easiest thing to do is to move as it sounds expensive. Another options is to look into senior home repair programs and other resources for older people.
Troyyer wrote:Hello,
I am trying to find financial assistance for my mother in law. Upon visiting her this weekend she asked my husband to fix a leak in her roof. While inspecting the leak he noticed that the entire porch roof was rotted and falling off the house. Not only that but the main roof on her house has not been shingled for years. When looking at the roof you can see the wooden shingles. She is not able to pay to have her entire roof redone. My husband and I are not able to help due to our financial situation. If there is any way we can find assistance for her that would be great. She is elderly, but she has a granddaughter that stays with her from time to time that has Charge syndrome and needs to be in a safe house. We want her to be able to take care of her grandchildren when she wants to and not have to go to everyone else's house because her own is run down. I am unsure where to turn to help her out. I would greatly appreciate some numbers to call or something. She lives in Florida. Thank you so much for your time.
Ashley C

Re: Programs for elderly mother in law

Post by Ashley C »

Question, my mother in law is on social security. And living in her trailer which is falling apart day by day. She has fallen out of her trailer many times. She applied for some income apartments that Canyon hills have. She turned in her application and the move in is in about six months and it cost $900 to move in there. She has asked me but I am a single mom struggling myself.
I want to find her help on getting into something safe for and to be around other people that can help her. She is unable to work now cause of issues from work years ago. Please let me know if you know someone that can help her get into a safer place. Thank you.