Need help or resources for rent please

Find how to get help with rent
mountaindews
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need help or resources for rent please

Post by mountaindews »

I live in New Mexico and need help with our deposit and 1st months rent. We had been renting my sister's home for $600 a month and paying her for the utilities because they were in her name. Four days ago she asked us to leave after we paid her for rent and utilities because we would not start paying her an extra $200 a month.
We found a couple who was renting a home who allowed us to move in with the condition that we pay the deposit and first month's rent by May 5, 2009. They were kind enough to allow us to move in so that we would not be homeless with our two children, but now I have no way to come up with all the money after paying all the deposits for the utilities and paying someone to use their truck to move.
We need $350 for the deposit and $600 for the rent. I have checked the Income Support Division because we are on state assistance and have called all the places they referred me to. All the places said we had to be behind and have an eviction notice or that they just don't pay deposits. I don't know what to do now. I won't have the money by the 5th and am scared. I have a 3 year old and a 15 year old. I have Cardiomyapathy, I suffer from severe depression, and my boyfriend has kidney problems.
Does anyone know where I can get help here in New Mexico? I am so upset I just want it to end. Please help me, please.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need help or resources for rent please

Post by Admin »

Hi,
In New Mexico, there is the Tenant-Base Rental Assistance (TBRA) Program, that provides support, grants, and other rent assistance.

Rent Help
JoeQuick

Post by JoeQuick »

Hello Staff,
I recently got laid off from my job of 8 years. I don't have the funds to pay my rent for this month. I have filed for unemployment, but have yet to receive a payment. I have found a cheaper apartment, but won't be able to move in until next month when it's available. I really just need to pay them for this month only. I just don't want them to try to evict me before I can move into my other apartment. Please help, any guidance is appreciated.
Snapon

Post by Snapon »

I'm a college student and I lost my job and is behind two months in rent and is facing an eviction. I have no other family in Georgia and have exhausted all of my sources. I have recently found a new job but have not receive a check yet and my rent office is wanting to evict me. How could I receive assistance?
DTigers

Post by DTigers »

I recently fell behind on my rent, as of now I am facing eviction. I am a single mother of two and I am a full time college student, I am trying very hard to make a better life for my kids but with little to no income it has been the greatest challenge of my life. I graduate in December and will be able to get a good job to support my family but if I cannot catch up my rent I will be forced to quit school and all if my hard work and struggle will have been for nothing, I usually find a way to make things work but I had to get my kids things they needed for school so I fell behind.