Government food programs

State and local government assistance programs.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Government food programs

Post by Admin »

While you weren't too specific as why a household of 5 people only has one wage earner, which we don't understand why you can't work, regardless we have extensive information on food stamps. These will only pay a portion of a family's expense though, so you still need to work, and there are plenty of jobs in Texas. Anyhow, find more on the SNAP food stamps program.
HollyJ

Post by HollyJ »

I'm struggling mother. Lost my job struggling with depression and waiting for disability to be approved. I am behind with my bills. I've always worked but my employer classified me as self employed and not even unemployment. I'm not able to collect any resources, assistance of any kind. I would appreciate information. I only receive food stamps and my savings is gone. I have $50 for the month. I could go on and on. But I won’t. Thank you.
Yappy

Post by Yappy »

Hello, I was given this number by 211 to find government food. When I called it prompted for me to push 0. The operator sent me back to the menu and that's how I got to this email address. I am trying to get services to help pay my light bill and find free food for my family. The shut-off is for today, my other resource fell through and then the operator from 211 gave me your number. I have a 10 year old and a 7 months old, and the government needs to help us eat. I was asking would you be able to help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many of the food pantries in El Paso Texas do offer services in Spanish. As the city is after all right across from the Mexican border. So try a pantry for both a box of groceries as well as applications to government programs too. Here is a listing to try.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _paso.html
Flipit wrote:I just moved to El Paso Texas 10 days ago. I do not know much English, but I need serious help. Sincerely.