Illegal landlord

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Johnston
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Illegal landlord

Post by Johnston »

I am wheelchair bound and live in a 'less than suitable' apartment. My landlord told me today, March 04, that he is going to tear down my wheelchair ramp. It wasn't built to code. I'm on SSI/SDI and couldn't afford the first one. A friend of friend built it. I can't afford a new one. I have steps and a manual chair. I would appreciate any assistance or redirection for possible assistance you may be able to help me with. I am willing to assist physically in any way I am able. The tear down is scheduled for "immediately if not sooner", so time is of the essence! I would like to thank you in advance for your valuable time and assistance. Thank You
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Illegal landlord

Post by Admin »

Yes, that is definitely illegal. Your landlord can't tear down a wheelchair ramp. And the apartment must be less than suitable if the landlord is going to do that. They need to provide more than steps. There are various free legal programs that you can look into.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/fre ... dvice.html
Many law years offer pro bono legal aid and advice to the low income, disabled, and elderly, and they do help with landlord and tenant issues, like this wheelchair ramp.
Johnston wrote:I am wheelchair bound and live in a 'less than suitable' apartment. My landlord told me today, March 04, that he is going to tear down my wheelchair ramp. It wasn't built to code. I'm on SSI/SDI and couldn't afford the first one. A friend of friend built it. I can't afford a new one. I have steps and a manual chair. I would appreciate any assistance or redirection for possible assistance you may be able to help me with. I am willing to assist physically in any way I am able. The tear down is scheduled for "immediately if not sooner", so time is of the essence! I would like to thank you in advance for your valuable time and assistance. Thank You
MtnDew

Post by MtnDew »

I have Georgia power. I had a problem this summer in small 3 bedroom home. I went from 100-1100 bills! I found my neighbor had wired under my home and ran 3 cords from 220w off my panel! It caught on fire! I called GA power and they sent investigators out and concluded electricity was stolen cords under my house ran under soil to their home! They did nothing said it was stolen from me not them! I'm low income single mom and had 1400 bill at that point and paid large bills prior - more than my rent! So I had to pay 600-800 monthly and can't catch up! They since added double my largest bill which is with neighbors on it and shut me off monthly adding 120 reconnect charge! I'm paying over 500 month and every month either shut off added charges and I'm working for electricity! My rents late monthly because of it! I owe over 500 and disconnection any day! Which adds more to my bill! My landlord threatens to evict me now being late monthly! I'm ready to lose my mind! They caught saw evidence of electricity stolen! They charged me with extreme late fees deposits disconnection charges and I literally work two weeks for electric bill pay rent with other two weeks! I eat every other day because of this'! I have no water because I can't afford! I have a gallon of water for me, 2 dogs, my son and grandson who just born and his girlfriend! I owe 600 electric my actual bill is 127.91! And this is monthly it comes to this amount since August! My electric averages 89-129 monthly but I pay 500-800 a month! I need help on this PLEASE! I've had auditor’s investigators revenue and all agree the "well known" neighbors (electric co knows these people for stealing electric for years) but me innocent! Am suffering undue stress has no money to have water and food because electric pinned on me! My fault! Who knows to dig up their back yard to find buried cords that run into your cross basement into your panel? They go thru the panel access from under my house! My panels in house but reachable from cross basement! Audit shows charts of months used and you see the mountain peaks evident when they connected! So my electric gets shut off and I see them partying with electric on! Police say civil! When I called on them they got mad! They put sugar in gas tank costing thousand they threaten me taunt me and scare my son! My dogs they threating to poison! So I'm paying all way around! Police know them and they walk the line of knowing the law! So they do everything with no proof or lie so it’s your word against them! They laugh at me and I live in hell because of this! Can you help me?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While that sounds like a complicated issue with your neighbor stealing power, the fact is that Georgia Power does offer a number of assistance programs and resource to customers. One of the big ones is Project SHARE. They also partner with non-profits and other agencies in the area. You may also want to look into legal support in Georgia if someone is really stealing your power. More information on the utility programs are here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
Suddenchange

Post by Suddenchange »

I am in need of a home fast and legal advice. I have good reason for withholding my rent but yet I am due in court on June 7, 2016 for an eviction notice with may landlord. I have two small little girls and I do work but have managed to loss everything since moving to Michigan. Can you Please Help My Family.
Daddy

Post by Daddy »

My 12 year old, myself and my fiancé rented this place from this lady who was our landlord. We paid her $1,200 down. We got in here I called her two days later told her exactly what all was wrong with this place and she told us that we had to pay the next month's rent which was another 2 weeks from then.
She cannot do nothing so no we did not pay because I have got an entire list of things that I sent her and that I have got broke down that is wrong with this place. We got an eviction notice and had to go to court. We were 5 minutes late if that.
When did not show up so I guess she said her attorney because like two days later we received in the mail that we had 5 days to get out of house, which is illegal. We tried to present on the judge our documentation of everything but he didn't want it then or to hear it. We have no place to go.
I am asking for help for this illegal eviction. I don't know what to do. We have no family and it is just us I mean we really need it and if somebody could please give me a call back or get a hold of me and we have to be out tomorrow so if anybody can help. Please get a hold of me as soon as possible.