Need help please

State and local government assistance programs.
anthony
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need help please

Post by anthony »

Hi I jus recently lost my job last month and i used up all my savings to keep my bills paid until i found another job but i'm having no luck on finding a job.. I need to know where i can go for help to get my bills paid until i find a job I'm in Atlanta Georgia thank you and have a blessed day
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need help please

Post by Admin »

Here is a listing of Fulton County and Atlanta Georgia assistance programs. Some agencies even have job finding and career counseling programs for people who need help. Try the Fulton Atlanta Community Action Authority. They have a few different offices around Atlanta, but one number to call is 404.320.0166. Atlanta Urban Ministries, phone number (404) 881-1991 is other agency that may have emergency aid for paying bills and expenses for the low income in the area.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
Combatman

Post by Combatman »

Is there anyway that I can get help in looking for the right place that'll help my parents in Cola., SC with their light, water, heating,and possible mortgage? I looked on the main site but, I kept getting links that lead me to other links and none of them ever gave me any phone numbers. I've called several places yesterday as well as today and nothing worked for me.

They are retired & on a fixed income and their water is due to be turned off this Friday (2/25/11) please someone help me with this. Some of the places that I called told me that they have a waiting list that goes up to 3 weeks before they can see them. Other places are out of funds, I need emergency funds for them.
Thanks!
Combatman :cry:
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is a listing of agencies in your parents area of Richland County.
We would love your feedback on the site. What do you mean links going to links? Where, what pages?
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ric ... _pro1.html
You can try places like the Cooperative Ministry, phone number 803-799-3853, which ehlps the low income
The Richland County SC Salvation Army (803-765-0260) is always a good place to call for advice, and sometimes limited financial help for paying bills and expenses.
More info is on the link above, and usually seniors tend to get on a list before others.
Combatman wrote:Is there anyway that I can get help in looking for the right place that'll help my parents in Cola., SC with their light, water, heating,and possible mortgage? I looked on the main site but, I kept getting links that lead me to other links and none of them ever gave me any phone numbers. I've called several places yesterday as well as today and nothing worked for me.

They are retired & on a fixed income and their water is due to be turned off this Friday (2/25/11) please someone help me with this. Some of the places that I called told me that they have a waiting list that goes up to 3 weeks before they can see them. Other places are out of funds, I need emergency funds for them.
Thanks!
Combatman :cry:
Combatman

Post by Combatman »

Thank you very much for your response, however I already tried those places that you listed and I got no results. The link that I was speaking on was giving me other pages with links of info that didn't have phone numbers and it also showed info that resembled the previous pages that I clicked on.

The link that you gave me showed alot more info and it also listed Richland County, Columbia, SC., my search didn't show that. I called some of those numbers today also and they were out of funds. A couple of friends and cousins stepped up to the plate yesterday and saved my parents waterbill. Thank God for that, I will continue to use this forum for future needs and I truly want to thank you for your help. I think that this a super great idea way to others that are in need. :D
19Salwe

Post by 19Salwe »

hello, yes i do need additional help, i contacted you once and you gave me great help but in the links you gave me i couldnt email you because the program the internet place had didnt allow me too can you please contact me asap, someone i can talk to or that i can reply to because i really need help please i dont know what more to do! i need help asap... i need to pay off a debt i have or at least pay a little of it so i can work to pay the rest off but i have nothing at the moment and i need some quick im sorry for bothering i just dont know who more to do go to, not even my friends will help me because they have no money to lend me... if you could contact me as soon as you can id really appreciate it thank you sincerely
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi, thank you for the comments, but we at needhelppayingbills only communicate via email, forums, etc. Please post exactly what you need help with, whether debts, mortgage, rent, utilities, etc. Also post your state and county as most resources are local, and to be effective we need to know that. In meantime try the main site for assistance and call charities, etc. listed there for information.
19Salwe wrote:hello, yes i do need additional help, i contacted you once and you gave me great help but in the links you gave me i couldnt email you because the program the internet place had didnt allow me too can you please contact me asap, someone i can talk to or that i can reply to because i really need help please i dont know what more to do! i need help asap... i need to pay off a debt i have or at least pay a little of it so i can work to pay the rest off but i have nothing at the moment and i need some quick im sorry for bothering i just dont know who more to do go to, not even my friends will help me because they have no money to lend me... if you could contact me as soon as you can id really appreciate it thank you sincerely
Game day

Post by Game day »

I just lost my job, only getting one week pay, and possibly 10 day vacation pay, company eliminated entire department and put work load on 5 people, could not keep up so they let me go, am turning 60 in May and have no savings, need immediate help to ensure my cell phone, internet service and rent/utilities/car note and car insurance are paid so I can have means of looking for employment...not worried about food, can eat ramen noodles if need be, thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If it is a problem with utilities, then we have programs you can look into. However, cell phones and internet should be cancelled if you are in that serious of a bind/financial hardship. Go use a computer at the library or some other public place and put that money towards a critical expense. Use a free phone landline too. Anyway, here are the various electric and utility assistance programs. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/nee ... bills.html
Game day wrote:I just lost my job, only getting one week pay, and possibly 10 day vacation pay, company eliminated entire department and put work load on 5 people, could not keep up so they let me go, am turning 60 in May and have no savings, need immediate help to ensure my cell phone, internet service and rent/utilities/car note and car insurance are paid so I can have means of looking for employment...not worried about food, can eat ramen noodles if need be, thanks
Beaglelover

Post by Beaglelover »

I have found some places that can help my family but overall I do not see any assistance for Monroe County in Illinois. I see St. Clair and Madison but not for Monroe. Please let me know how I can find assistance for my family. We live in Valmeyer, Illinois which is Southwest of St. Louis, MO and are very limited to reach out for help. I have 5 children ages 14 to 6 and I try really hard to make ends meet but have had several issues and have just gotten behind and need help and guidance so the power, water, phone, vehicle can be kept. I pray by the grace of God we are blessed with assistance.
Thank you,
WashingtonClev

Post by WashingtonClev »

To Whom This May Concern:
Hi,
I'm currently staying with my parents for a couple reasons. It first started because I wanted to make her life easier helping around the house to chores and whatever else she needed due to the severe form of cancer my dad has. This went great for awhile I was able to work and bring home money to put with her disability check and the bills were able to get paid on time and I was still able to be with her when she needed me. Well as things progressively worsened I found myself taking off work to be with her and eventually the business I started ceased to exist. I blame myself for not putting in enough effort and hard work that the business needed to keep it going. You see I started a landscaping business on my own right out of college with next to nothing in the way of capital to kick start it. That was fine and dandy for quite some time; I was able to subcontract workers and equipment. When my mom's form of cancer progressively worsened I had to take off work more and more to be with her and because I had no money in the beginning the workers I had without proper supervision decided to come and go as they please and treat the piece of equipment I rented however they felt. They ran it until the wheels would came off literally over a week period, before they used the equipment was in tip top condition after they got done with it in four days I had a $3,500 repair bill on my hand. And because it was on my job and my responsibility the friend I borrowed it from received every bit of the $3,500 worth of parts and labor it needed to get it back in proper running condition to where it was before it arrived on my job. Then on top of that my subcontractors decided to lie to me about their hours and overall work. Although I wasn’t there nor did I have a foreman on site I could still see from arriving to the job site that something just didn’t match or pan out with what they had told me. What I'm getting at here is because I wasn’t there to babysit grown men it not only cost me a fortune but every penny I had in the bank and would have made from the job. Long story short I could no longer rely on these subcontractors nor did I have the time to be on the job every day to ensure things ran smoothly, and the more and more I looked not one person fit the job title or responsibilities I needed. And by this time the lumber and pallet markets were shifting and declining in a manner that it was no longer profitable to stay in this line of work. So I moved on and started looking for another career field. Over a two week period I put in over a 100 resumes and applications with only two call backs. I worked for one gentleman who owned a farm for two weeks, during this time span I had just less than 30 hours and made $9 an hour. This barely covered the rent and we paid half for the food. But the electric and water bills just accumulated because of our lack of adequate funding. Now we are two months behind and just recently the only vehicle we had transmission went out and here we are now, stuck with no way to get back and forth to work or pay any of the bills only what little money my mom makes covers half the rent and food for the house for us to eat. And would you believe it I received a call just before the car took a crap on a job in Columbus Ohio were I would be making $12 an hour after 90 days I would receive benefits, and a $2 raise. And it would get between 40-60 hours a week and my brother volunteered to fill in for me at the house while I was gone, ensuring our father was properly taken care of. What options do we have now? I just received a call and went in for an interview and got the job working for the local auto repair shop. If I don’t find some help quickly I'm fearful that not only will I lose my new job and fall further behind in bills. But most importantly my father will decrease rapidly in health from the stress and worries of how we will survive and get by if we don’t have heat or lights on and god forbid a roof over our head. Please find a way to help us I beg of you. I really dislike getting down on my hands and knees like this to beg like a dog because of my pride, but what else can I do I'm literally at wits end here and we have tried just about anything here to get us out of this mess. If you could help out or offer up some advice it would be greatly appreciated and once I'm back on my feet I will pay it forward you have my word.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In order to get assistance for your family, you will need to call around to the programs and resources we have listed. We provide information, and you need to provide the initiative. We do have St. Clair County Illinois covered, and we have information on food, housing, and more. The agencies listed will provide guidance to you. There resources are listed here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pr1.html
Olay

Post by Olay »

I have a family of four including my self, I am a full time parent. I work a full time job as receptionist and a full time student at college America going for my associated in medical specialties. I barely make enough due to the lack of work.
I work for a temp service and right now the position I'm in is only temporary. When my assignment is up in September I'm not guaranteed I will have another job line up. It all depends on the temp services on what they get in. I have son who has a disability, he has ADD, ADHD, DD Development disabilities, and has to take medication to calm his short temper so his mind can focus. Please call me if you can help. Thank you for your help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If your son is disabled, look into home care for him.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... sable.html
Since you are working full time and going to school, maybe that care can help free up your time. That way you can focus on education and employment opportunities.
Olay wrote:I have son who has a disability, he has ADD, ADHD, DD Development disabilities, and has to take medication to calm his short temper so his mind can focus. Please call me if you can help. Thank you for your help.
Amber Tooley

Post by Amber Tooley »

Hello, my name is Debra,
I just would like to begin with thank you for taking the time to read my email.  Our family is in a financial hardship, and we are trying to stabilize it and we need help Please. We need it after a hard ship after my husband had been gone for a year and half.  
We are waiting for his social security benefits turned back on or to find a job.  He was approved for it before he had to leave our family for a year and a half and lost his SSI benefits.  Unfortunately, they are turned back on I am supporting a family of three on a very low income of SSI and DTA and I only receive 176 for food stamps because I get a very small amount of child support from my ex boyfriend who is my son's biological father. 
Our system is hugely flawed and counts child support values that we do not always receive as countable income.  I have been struggling with DTA and fighting with Child Support for years when son's my biological father owes over 6,500 dollars in child support. 
Anyway, enough of this sob story.  I really need help with Kerosene heating we have no more kerosene to heat our home and have had extremely difficult time paying for kerosene having to pay back 300 to 400 dollars of heating and often I take longer than the time given necessary I truly cannot afford the extra bill. 
It takes me 90 days or more to pay it off and it and by than the heat is used all up before my rent is due.  I also really could use help please with electricity. Our bill is rather high because we must use electrical heaters to keep the house warm.  If you could please call me back as soon as possible.   Looking forward to hearing from you and hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you again for your time,
Sincerely,