ssi not enough for utility bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
ladylynn
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

ssi not enough for utility bills

Post by ladylynn »

im just reently disabled and have just moved back in my residence allthow i recieve ssi it dosent cover all the bills and im in need of gas like i said ive only just moved back in my residence and was trying to get the gas turned on but found out that ive aparently got a old bill from years ago and they want me to pay it before they can turn my gas back on i just dont have it to be able to get the gas back on and to top everything off my kids are having to stay with their grandmother till i can get everything back on track with no money i cant even get christmas for them im living in irving texas and would appreciate any help possible .....
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: ssi not enough for utility bills

Post by Admin »

We usually recommend two options. One is to work directly with your utility company and ask about the financial assistance programs, grants, and other resources they may offer. It really depends on who your energy provider is in Texas, but find more information on utility assistance in Texas.
The second option will be calling local charities, non-profits, and organization in the Irving area and Dallas County. Call places like Irving Cares or another good choice is Irving Community Service Center. They may have funds for bills, as well as Christmas gifts and meals. Find a full listing of Dallas Texas assistance programs.

ladylynn wrote:im just reently disabled and have just moved back in my residence allthow i recieve ssi it dosent cover all the bills and im in need of gas like i said ive only just moved back in my residence and was trying to get the gas turned on but found out that ive aparently got a old bill from years ago and they want me to pay it before they can turn my gas back on i just dont have it to be able to get the gas back on and to top everything off my kids are having to stay with their grandmother till i can get everything back on track with no money i cant even get christmas for them im living in irving texas and would appreciate any help possible .....
HeadofFamily

Post by HeadofFamily »

Hello,
I am emailing on behalf of my 70 yr old grandfather who lives in Moore county, NC. He rents a small 1 BR home that does not have an electric or oil/gas heating system. He heats the home with a small electric heater. I live out of state and have been trying to help her as much as I can. He cares for several of her grandchildren in the home 2 of which have health problems, Autism and Kleefstra syndrome. He says she has applied for energy bill assistance and was turned down b/c she has no viable heating system in the home. This makes no sense at all to me.. He needs help as much as or more than someone who has a viable system. Are there any energy or heating assistance programs, maybe the LHEAP that she can apply for in Moore county. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have information on several charities, non-profits, and agencies to call for help in Morre County North Carolina. Usually those heating programs like LIHEAP even provide firewood or kerosene for people who do have a "viable" heating system, so that doesn't sound right to use. While you and grandfather reapply, look into this for Moore NC assistance programs for utilities and heating bills.
HeadofFamily wrote:Hello,
I am emailing on behalf of my 70 yr old grandfather who lives in Moore county, NC. He rents a small 1 BR home that does not have an electric or oil/gas heating system. He heats the home with a small electric heater. I live out of state and have been trying to help her as much as I can. He cares for several of her grandchildren in the home 2 of which have health problems, Autism and Kleefstra syndrome. He says she has applied for energy bill assistance and was turned down b/c she has no viable heating system in the home. This makes no sense at all to me.. He needs help as much as or more than someone who has a viable system. Are there any energy or heating assistance programs, maybe the LHEAP that she can apply for in Moore county. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Heart

Post by Heart »

I live in Mingo County WV. I am not eligible for LIHEAP because I already received it in the winter. My husband was laid off from the coal mines and is not eligible for unemployment benefits because the contract company did not pay into unemployment compensation. We also get SSI disability. I obtained a job at Home Depot and will receive my first pay on October 31, 2013. Christian Help has agreed to pledge $50 to my electric bill. It will be turned off tomorrow. I have called every community action agency that I could find. Coalfield CAP has also agreed to pledge $90. I cannot come up with the remainder of the balance. I am out of resources, my family cannot help me anymore than they can. I have applied for services through DHHR and receive SNAP. I don’t know where else to go or where I can turn. The only income I have is 327.70 monthly. We are a family of 8. I have pleaded with the electric company but they cannot give me an extension. I am not sure if you can help, but I did not know who else to turn to. PRIDE said they are out of funds. Thanks for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Have you tried all of the payment plans or programs offered directly by your energy company? Almost all utilities in West Virginia offer some type of support. So anyhow, you can call around. Using that, plus what you have from the community action agency, may provide you with more time to get back on track with employment or to get your next SSI check. Find West Virginia utility company programs.