Need bill paying programs for Kansas City

People looking for general financial assistance.
Also look here for programs on the main NHPB site for local financial help.
Olivia1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need bill paying programs for Kansas City

Post by Olivia1 »

Hello my name is Kelly,
I live in North Kansas City, Missouri. I have lived at my apartment for about 2 and half years now and I live with my roommate who works steady but recently became sick and basically lives paycheck to paycheck.
I have not worked since March of last year having applied for SSDI and was approved and tried to pay up bills but yet we are having some financial difficulties trying to catch up. As I only receive 756 month in benefits and have child support to pay that comes out of my benefit payment leaving me with only $378 monthly.
I also pay utilities here and get food stamps for myself. We can pay $500 of our rent which is $1185.00 not including a watermill which is attached to rent which I estimate will be about $65. Any assistance you could provide here in Kansas City would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your kind consideration.
Whisper

Re: Need bill paying programs for Kansas City

Post by Whisper »

Good Afternoon! My name is Sara, I live in Kansas City and I am reaching out hoping that this will reach someone....
I feel helpless and at a complete loss on what to do and hoping that someone will have any insight on mortgage assistance. I also need help with my utility bill. I am a single mother who up until 2 months ago was above water and making ends meet, I am behind on my monthly mortgage and don't know what to do. I work everyday, when I am not at work I am trying to make money on the side by doing door dash and I am just getting deeper and deeper and desperately needing a hand UP! I am ashamed, embarrassed and my worth as a mother has been a true feeling and reaching out in hopes there are ANY resources that are available to help me. I reside in Kansas City, MOI appreciate you just reading this and hopeful to hear back. I know you probably receive hundreds of emails pleading for help with bills and I pray this email will reach someone who can point me in the right direction.
THANK YOU!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need bill paying programs for Kansas City

Post by Admin »

Hi Sara,
Specifically what county in Kansas City? as the metro area covers multiple counties and most resources are county specific.
However, the biggest is Jefferson, so if you are there here are programs for Jefferson County. Maybe some of these organizations will help you with a mortgage and your other bills. Find the Jefferson County programs here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... prog3.html
Whisper wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:47 am Good Afternoon! My name is Sara, I live in Kansas City and I am reaching out hoping that this will reach someone....