Ohio energy and electric bills

If you are struggling with utility - energy bills.
NHPB has more info on energy assistance, and find local utility bill assistance programs.
Blake Corum
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Ohio energy and electric bills

Post by Blake Corum »

I am a disabled widow with no family in Ohio to help me. I am needing assistance with a deposit with my utilities They are wanting 325.00 deposit to transfer utilities. I can not get anyone to call me back or if I do reach them, they are out of funding.
I have tried LIHEAP, energy assistance was just granted to me at my address I am moving from and they can not help at new one. Any leads or suggestions??? And yes I have tried 211, left messages at Salvation Army, Trustees office as well.
Please help me, I was supposed to be moved in yesterday, but my landlord will not give us the keys until he sees receipts of the utilities transferred.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Ohio energy and electric bills

Post by Admin »

Hi,
You have Ohio Edison? If so they offer financial help, payment plans and more. Not sure if they offer to turn on the power, but you can check with them. Here are the details on Ohio Edison low income programs.
Blake Corum wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:06 pm I am a disabled widow with no family in Ohio to help me. I am needing assistance with a deposit with my utilities They are wanting 325.00 deposit to transfer utilities.