How do you help someone living in a tent get housing?

Find how to get help with rent
Thaia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

How do you help someone living in a tent get housing?

Post by Thaia »

Good day;
I'm writing today to request help for a gentleman I have residing in my backyard. He set up a tent there after asking me if he can. He has been here since September and has fared well but, as the weather gets colder I fear for his safety and health so I am trying to help him find housing. I do provide him with all the help I can but, I myself am laid off and waiting on UC benefits to come around since the Covid has stricken so many and hurt us so bad. I want to see him get back on his feet and get the help he needs to get out of that tent and a place to live but, I've never had this situation before or even been in this situation before so, any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: How do you help someone living in a tent get housing?

Post by Admin »

Yes they can. But they will need some sort of self-sufficiency plan, works towards employment, be substance free etc. The first step will be a homeless shelter or transitional housing program to get the person out of the tent and a "roof" over their head. Find details on local transitional housing services.