Need other places for help in Washington Pennsylvania

People looking for general financial assistance.
Also look here for programs on the main NHPB site for local financial help.
shawrah
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need other places for help in Washington Pennsylvania

Post by shawrah »

I was referred to you by a friend. I am experiencing a difficult time in my life currently. I was employed at the Washington County Correctional Facility in Washington, PA for 8 years. I began there as a Correctional Officer and departed as the first female sergeant in the facility’s history. The reason I departed was because I was bullied out of my job. I worked with mostly men and was ridiculed and sabotaged to the point I had to call it quits in June 2023. I took out my pension to help cover costs of catching up bills from a divorce and purchase a vehicle so I would have no payments. I also paid liens on my house and caught up my mortgage, outrageous utility bills, etc. I was just divorced in December 2023. Since then, I was employed at the Washington County School District in November. I worked with the district for 35 hours a week at $15.00.
I’ve had to beg for help from family and friends, and I have exhausted those possibilities for the future.
I have an astronomical electric bill. The electric company says my electric runs $230-$250 a month. There is no way that is possible, as I keep my furnace on 63 degrees in the winter. I also have a mortgage where I am locked in a plan to pay $1693 for a period of a few months to catch up for the months I was unemployed from June to November. I am unable to keep up with my current income. I also recently found that I will owe over $6k in taxes due to an early withdrawal of my pension. My bathroom and plumbing are falling apart in my home. I have a few leaks I cannot afford to have fixed.
I cannot afford typical toiletries or anything trying to keep the payment plan for my mortgage. I don’t know what to do at this point in Washington PA with limited options here. I have become desperate. I am not asking for long-term assistance. I am just looking for someone to please point me in the right direction with what I can provide to apply for any hardship programs. I can provide whatever documents you need. I have not been able to afford my mortgage alone, and I need help until I am able to secure a second job I have applied for. Anything you can do to help, please let me know. If you are unable to assist in any way, please feel free to disregard this letter.
I truly appreciate your help with any assistance or direction.