Assistance as living alone in NYC. Need programs

State and local government assistance programs.
MaryJane
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Assistance as living alone in NYC. Need programs

Post by MaryJane »

Hello,
My name is Calnisha. I'm a 28 years old single adult in costly New York City - Queens. I needed some assistance in paying my bills and my rent as soon as possible. I was receiving $303 weekly from unemployment but I have $401 remaining in my account and I'm not sure if I'm able to get any more unemployment benefits after they exhaust. And living in the city is obviously so costly. If anybody could please help me with my bills and housing I will greatly appreciated. I also need food and anything you can do. I'm currently a nurse assistant but I haven't been working sense the pandemic. I got furloughed from the hospital in January. This has been the longest I went without working, I always keep a job. I know I'm not the only parent that needs assistance during this time in the city but if 211 unitedway or any company I'm eligible for with my situation that could assist me I will be thankful for that. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Assistance as living alone in NYC. Need programs

Post by Admin »

Hi Calnisha
Since you have multiple needs (bills, rent, utilizes, etc.) there are a few places to try in New York City. Most cover all boroughs - not just Queens where you are at so please do no limit your search. But for city programs that can help single people, no matter the borough, look here for resources.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tance.html
MaryJane wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:54 am Hello,
My name is Calnisha. I'm a 28 years old single adult in costly New York City - Queens. I needed some assistance in paying my bills and my rent as soon as possible.