Where to get free food?

State and local government assistance programs.
Merical Cromer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Where to get free food?

Post by Merical Cromer »

I receive disability, have only income from SSI and need food, preferably free. I just had surgery to hopefully provide myself with a better quality of life and to minimize many of my co-morbidities. However, due to having this surgery I am only able to each soft foods and protein shakes with unsweetened almond milk, as well as, sugar free foods. Do you know of any food pantries in my area that may be able to accommodate my diet? I need free food that also meets my medical condition.
Thank you in advance for your response.
DuhDuh

Re: Where to get free food?

Post by DuhDuh »

Hello, my name is Valentina or Tina for short. My daughter, Brandi, is 26 with bipolar disorder, PTSD and sever acute depression. She is being abused, need food, even water or other nutrition. She is in a bad place. She has also been with an abusive much much older man who has stolen from her, refused to let her work, leaves her alone in an RV with no heat, food or anything to drink or money to get what she needs. He leaves her abandoned on the side of the road to be harassed by passersby and police.
He left her on an overpass in her RV after running it out of gas. So she had to walk to a gas station to get food and gas. She had to walk back with gas cans in her wagon and came back to no RV. It had been impounded. He is constantly telling her that he's going to get it back but is narcissistic and abusive, therefore, just lies. Everything she owned, her medicines, glasses, everything is in there and we need help getting it out of impound.
Can you please tell me what we can do to get her free food and help? I'm disabled and receive a very small monthly SSDI check and I'm in the middle of a move, so I need free groceries too and help as well, but Brandi needs it more. I can't afford to get it out. I have a place now, so she can park it at my new house until we get it registered and street legal and complete much needed repairs. But if I can't get it over here she will just be stuck with him and I'm afraid his deplorable behavior is going to get my daughter hurt or he'll end up making her disappear, if you know what I mean. Please help us with food and other aid. He's a meth addicted Needle junkie and is taking her down a very dark path. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Tina and Brandi (and others)
There are many places to get free food from, including pantries, food banks, churches and other locations. We have information on those places on our site, and look here for free food in your community.
DuhDuh wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm Hello, my name is Valentina or Tina for short. My daughter, Brandi, is 26 with bipolar disorder, PTSD and sever acute depression.
Joe Terranova

Post by Joe Terranova »

My name is Gabrial, I have 2 handsome little boys ages 11 and 13 as we need a place that will give us free food. We live in York South Carolina and my boys attend York Intermediate School. I know it may be to late to ask for help but I was really hoping that I would be able to get food this week without any help. So I waited until I asked for help because I try not to use county resources or ask unless I REALLY NEED it. UNFORTUNATELY, I do need some food this week year and I am trying to find any last minute help from anyone I can. Can someone please help me find some some free food or groceries and my beautiful boys have to wake up to to eat? They deserve so much because they are great kids.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Gabrial
You can use the resources we have above, but we have more specific programs for York SC as well. Such as food banks, charities and other places that give groceries or food. You can find them here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... banks.html
Joe Terranova wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:13 am My name is Gabrial, I have 2 handsome little boys ages 11 and 13. Can someone please help me find some some free food or groceries and my beautiful boys have to wake up to to eat? They deserve so much because they are great kids.
Misery

Post by Misery »

I need help paying for food. I am the caregiver of a 57 year old disabled man who is terminally ill. He just had another heart surgery and has started so many new outrageously priced medications that we cannot afford our 1000 food budget and bills this month. He has never had to do this before. Reach out for help. He is a very good man and was always a hard worker and provider. Is there any assistance you can give us for groceries and bills? He is on social security benefits. We receive food stamps now as well, Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So sorry to read about someone 57 who is terminal. Of course try disability, but we have a more wide ranging list of places for free food banks and distribution sites. Here is the link again for local free food programs.
Misery wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:12 am I need help paying for food. I am the caregiver of a 57 year old disabled man who is terminally ill.
MDouglas

Post by MDouglas »

Hi my name is Teri and my two daughters and myself recently lost everything in a flood. We have been staying an hotel here in our town Deridder Louisiana and I have now become extremely low on funds. We can't even buy food which we need so bad. I am trying to find help for a meal for my 2 kids at least - I can still go without. Please get back with me soon as possible with any resources for food.