Donating Plasma did not pay me enough - now what?

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Bluetooth
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Donating Plasma did not pay me enough - now what?

Post by Bluetooth »

Hello, My name is Randee.
I have stopped and started with this email for weeks. I have also knocked on so many doors and for the most part, I was shuffled around by different people and agencies and then forgotten about. This email is lengthy and full of personal information, including about me donating plasma. My reason for that is that you do not know me; I'm asking for a big amount of help so you should. I feel that reaching out and asking for help requires courage and faith or at least a degree of trust. That is a very difficult word for me altogether in this life. Trust. Especially reaching out over and over and getting nowhere. But I also think that it takes as much if not more being on the opposite end. This is personal because if you are able to help you should know our faces and our story.
I originally began this about two weeks before Christmas but found it difficult to bring myself to reach out at that time. I couldn't get inwardly centered about it for some reason as I just donated plasma and was low energy. Perhaps it was just hurt feelings that I had to ask for help or just not knowing what to say. Finding the words has been overwhelming, so I thought I'd just start by saying so.
I didn't think there would be much this year (2023), but right before Christmas, we were fortunate to receive a few gifts that we are so grateful for! My daughter's school put our names in a program called The Giving Tree. I received a winter coat which I have needed for a long time and my daughter was gifted some really cool shoes and art supplies, my son a game, and the cats got a few toys. It was a cause for celebration and that day was really good for us!
With all that being said, I will start with a little bit of history and some pictures.
I am a 42-year-old single mother (with multiple health conditions) of four younger children and although we could have it worse, we are struggling with some things and need some help, even after me Donating Plasma. My children and I have a place to stay that's warm and a bed to lay in with running water so we consider ourselves very fortunate. We do our best to remember to count our blessings and lend a helping hand to others whenever we can, however, that may be.
This is a picture of me. I was donating plasma this day and I was so proud to be giving life and helping my family at the same time. I can no longer donate due to anemia which is now in a life-threatening stage. Tomorrow I have an appointment with Cyprus Hematology and it will determine whether I get a blood transfusion or begin iron infusions. I have a laundry list of health conditions and making headway has seemed impossible this last year. Their father was finally arrested and permanently removed from the home for domestic violence on December 13th, 2021. This marked the end of 28 years of abuse of every kind and with it the end of any financial help.
I have not been well emotionally and suffered a lot of trauma, especially continuing to stay in the same house. I finally asked for help after trying to take my life at the beginning of the year and suffered silently for a few months before admitting myself to the hospital. I began therapy and was prescribed medication; my daughter did as well.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Donating Plasma did not pay me enough - now what?

Post by Admin »

Hi Randee
Talk to your own medical professional or a clinic. As far as the plasma donation process and centers to try, some of which may pay you more money, look here for details. As there are many national and local donation centers, and find them here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... money.html
Bluetooth wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:29 am Hello, My name is Randee.
I have stopped and started with this email for weeks. I have also knocked on so many doors and for the most part, I was shuffled around by different people and agencies and then forgotten about. This email is lengthy and full of personal information, including about me donating plasma. My reason for that is that you do not know me; I'm asking for a big amount of help so you should.