health at risk, carbon monoxide present

Anything else you may need or want to discuss?
NHPB has many programs listed, and for general help try the search feature.
dmhopf
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

health at risk, carbon monoxide present

Post by dmhopf »

We are living with a carbon monoxide leak in our home as we do not have the money to repair the water heater and furnace. I have been unemployed, actively seeking work for over 16 months. There are 6 people in my home living on my minimal income and food stamps. I have never reached out for help before, but I have 4 children who's health is at risk because of this situation.

I am open to any suggestions. I've reached out to local charities, my church as well as other churches and even several vendors with my situation. I have offered to pay as I can, I never expect anything for free..but it's going on too long and I need help. We are living with the windows open to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning..but it is 20 degrees and we are waiting on a blizzard.

We live in South jersey, east of Phila. Please send any suggestions that may lead to help

thank you
Donna
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: health at risk, carbon monoxide present

Post by Admin »

I think you sound like a candidate for weatherization programs, which can help with furnace repairs, water heaters, and health issues, like carbon dioxide. What county do you live in New Jersey? Here is a listing of non-profits and agencies by counties in the state. Call them for info on the weatherization program, or ask them if they have any other suggestions.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
dmhopf wrote:We are living with a carbon monoxide leak in our home as we do not have the money to repair the water heater and furnace. I have been unemployed, actively seeking work for over 16 months. There are 6 people in my home living on my minimal income and food stamps. I have never reached out for help before, but I have 4 children who's health is at risk because of this situation.

I am open to any suggestions. I've reached out to local charities, my church as well as other churches and even several vendors with my situation. I have offered to pay as I can, I never expect anything for free..but it's going on too long and I need help. We are living with the windows open to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning..but it is 20 degrees and we are waiting on a blizzard.

We live in South jersey, east of Phila. Please send any suggestions that may lead to help

thank you
Donna