Caregiver with mental illness struggling financially

State and local government assistance programs.
Chicken
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Caregiver with mental illness struggling financially

Post by Chicken »

My name is Jack. I'm 39 years old. I lost my mother, who I was very close to, in December of 2017. I was her caregiver, and her death made my menial illness worse. She died from Uterine Cancer, Blood Clots and Kidney Failure. When she passed away, I was unemployed as I was taking care of her. Her pension would pay the mortgage every month. When she passed away, the pension went away. I do have a small part time job now but it's not enough to try to stay in my house. I have no where to go if I get kicked out of the house and I will be homeless. I don't want that to happen.
I need this extra money to pay the bills and the mortgage. I filed for Chapter 13 bankruptcy and I need to pay the lawyer fees and the bankruptcy fees which is another financial hardship. I could move but everything is so expensive that I can't afford a place plus paying movers and whatnot. It would be cheaper to stay in the house. It's cheaper to stay in the house because if you take into account first and last month's rent, paying movers, it's pretty expensive. Plus, my house is centrally located and I don't drive so it helps me to stay in the house as opposed to moving somewhere not in the middle of anything. I have to stay in my house because I don't drive and if I move somewhere else I won't be near anything and I need to be near things because I don't drive. I would say to take a bus but I don't know how.
I'm a good guy. I gave my life as a caregiver to take care of my grandparents and my mother., but this lead to financial struggles. My grandmother had colon cancer in 2000 and I helped take care of her. My grandfather had quadruple bypass surgery in 2001 and I helped take care of him. I gave up my life and friends to take care of my grandparents. I don't go out or do anything. All I do is go to work and come home. I could really use this extra money for paying my mortgage and paying my bills. Plus I have to get a new washing machine and other repairs for the house. I also have a severe mental illness, which is OCD, and that makes it hard for me as well. I'm in between therapists right now so that's a struggle as well. I'm very stressed out right now. My mental illness is something that I struggle with everyday plus with all this it hasn't helped my mental illness. Please, I beg of you, please help me. I'm estranged from my father who I haven't seen in over a year. Plus, my uncle I've seen very rarely because of Covid, so I don't have any family.
I'm just so scared that I'm going to be homeless and I can't be homeless with my mental illness and only experience as a caregiver. I'll never survive being homeless. I just need some financial assistance so I can pay the bills and the mortgage and try to live a happy life which has been hard to do because I miss my mother everyday. I need to stay in my house as I won't be stressed out if I stay in my house. Everyday is hard for me. Please don't make it any harder. Thank You.
Ozark

Re: Caregiver with mental illness struggling financially

Post by Ozark »

I am struggling financially; I am self employed as a caregiver and covid destroyed my business. I recently was given custody of my twin 15 year old grandsons, and we do get SNAP and Medicaid. I am waiting to get approved for ADC, but I have ZERO income. My truck needs brakes and the rotors are grinding. I need to be able to get them to and from school and court appearances for the custody issues and we need to have a reliable vehicle. Is there anyone in Omaha NE that will help with a repair for my truck? Or to replace a water heater in my home? Or any kind of assistance for a struggling caregiver?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Caregiver with mental illness struggling financially

Post by Admin »

Since you are a caregiver, there is assistance available. Including from the government. As caregivers can make money for giving care, receiving grants and other support. Look here for help for caregivers from the government.
Ozark wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:01 am I am struggling financially; I am self employed as a caregiver