Need to file for bankruptcy

If you need help with paying debt, including credit cards, car loans and medical debt.
Also look here for the main NHPB site and programs that help reduce debt.
Pintos
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need to file for bankruptcy

Post by Pintos »

Hi there, I'm currently on Worker's Comp Disability at the moment and have been on it for a little over 6 years and they are working to end it. Anyway, I'm in a bad relationship and really need to move out but can't afford to on my limited income. I've asked around and have talked to a few places but I get the same answer that there isn't any real help for a single person without kids. I live in Columbus, Ohio. I also need to file for bankruptcy but can't afford the fees, I didn't know if there's any help for that sort of thing or even counsel on whether or not I should try for one. I really appreciate any help you might be able to give me, I'm hoping you know of some resources that I am unaware of. Thank you either way for doing what you do to provide help to those who need it.
jrm57

Re: Need to file for bankruptcy

Post by jrm57 »

Check to see if there a Bankruptcy Center in your state. I have the same problem(low income)and located a center within my area in which the office accepts monthly payments till it's paid off, then they will file the bankruptcy for me. I don't know what the cost is there but it is $1450 to file here. Good Luck
FG Babbins
anti spam: Blue

Post by FG Babbins »

Hi I was wondering if you have any knowledge of free bankruptcy attorneys, I have a credit card debt that was from when I was married and my ex husband skated out of it , because the card was solely in my name even though he helped create the debt. Well in any case I was just served a summons this morning and they are going after me, I am not employed and I am very worried.. If you can help it would be appreciated.
Aggie

Post by Aggie »

I was wondering if I could receive assistance for filing bankruptcy? ASAP? I have two children, my husband has moved out, and I am in danger of having my electricity shut off any day due to a $4000 electric bill which has accrued over the last 8 or so years. I also have some credit card judgments from about the same time that I simply cannot afford to pay and are preventing me from getting a loan. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you so very much!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

How do you even know you want to file? That is a serious matter. You may want to explore all other options first. Maybe the electric company will offer a payment plan on the $4000 bill. Anyway, read more on the options here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... uptcy.html

Aggie wrote:I was wondering if I could receive assistance for filing bankruptcy? ASAP? I have two children, my husband has moved out, and I am in danger of having my electricity shut off any day due to a $4000 electric bill which has accrued over the last 8 or so years. I also have some credit card judgments from about the same time that I simply cannot afford to pay and are preventing me from getting a loan. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you so very much!