Do I have options other than public housing

Find how to get help with rent
Britney
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Do I have options other than public housing

Post by Britney »

My home was built in the late 1800's as I have a two week old baby, his breathing has become a concern of mine. My house has black mold and mildew in all window seals and on floor boards. But I am currently unemployed and get no help what so ever by the father. I am interested in looking for help and how I can manage to move.
I have already applied for public housing and section 8, but was told it could take up to a year and a half just to get any sort of help. I am just curious as to what kind of help I could get other then section 8 and public housing, or if there is any other way. I am currently actively looking for work and apply and check up my applications and resumes daily. I am not looking for a hand out just help to get my child into a better home for his health and wellbeing. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Do I have options other than public housing

Post by Admin »

Yes, it does take forever to get section 8, and there are not even guarantees to ever being enrolled or qualified. So there are other rent programs to explore, so yes, there are options. However, since you do not have a job, most places will not provide financial aid, as what would you to, ask them for help every month? Anyway, we have many housing resources and solutions available, and find rent help programs.
movers

Re: Do I have options other than public housing

Post by movers »

I am a single mother who recently became homeless due to the old apartment me and my daughter were living in had black mold. I lost my job for being so sick. I am homeless and looking for apartments, even public housing for us.
I found one in Cranston but I don't have any money to move in or pay rent as I'm waiting for TDI to kick in. Please help me and my daughter be able to get into a home with assistance with utilities also. I have worked my whole life and I have never been without a home or a place to go. I found an apartment today in Cranston they told me once I pay security and rent I can move in. I don't have that money so I'm in need of desperate help. Thank You.