Ex con so can't get a job or asssitance

People looking for general financial assistance.
Also look here for programs on the main NHPB site for local financial help.
Macie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Ex con so can't get a job or asssitance

Post by Macie »

My electricity was shut off recently. I am behind in payment of $985. I am unemployed living in a 1-bedroom condo my sister owns. I am 56 years old, I was a license CNA registered in California but got arrested for 3rd degree assault charges and placed on 2-years probation. I have 1-year left, I have apply but with the criminal background check company do. I have no job offers. I have no savings, no checking, no income and am down to the lowest point in my life. I feel so hopeless and don't know what to do. my water still works so I live just with no electricity and survive on state food stamps, cold sandwich, can goods. I don't know what to do.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ex con so can't get a job or asssitance

Post by Admin »

Did you try to talk to an attorney to expunge your record? This will mean your arrest would be wiped clean from the state of California and they will no longer have information on it. Even if an attornys says you do not qualify, they may still have other suggestions for you. Read more legal aid in California.
Tiesto

Re: Ex con so can't get a job or asssitance

Post by Tiesto »

I am 19 years old. I was living with my boyfriend and the house caught on fire. We had just moved in a week ago to Laughing Nevada after living in Glendale CA with his parents. However I had lost my phone and his phone was broken. His car broke down and doesn't work anymore. We had no way to contact any family as they were all in California. So we entered an abandoned home next door and cheeked shelter.
The following morning we woke up and got arrested and taken to jail for illegally entering that home. Although we are out of jail we still have to return to McLaughlin Nevada on February 11th for court. We have been staying in an RV with his mom but the RV is no longer in good condition.
The ceiling and window got ruined after his mom entered and hit the roof of a building. My boyfriend is a victim of ADHD and social anxiety. He is unable to work due to his disabilities and he has a foot injury. His father cut him off the insurance which means he can no longer drive either.
I don't know how to drive. I lost my 2 jobs for being an ex-convict and have no more cash. My single mother lives with my 2 brothers and shares a 1 bedroom apartment with another family of 3. We have nowhere to go and need assistance. In McLaughlin we volunteered at the food bank and got food there. I have volunteered for the city of Glendale for over 5 years.
We need assistance with a place to stay to be independent because his father and cousins beat him up badly and he is afraid to ask any family member for help. Everyone refuses to help us, and they say we are convicts even though the issue was minor. I know that if we get help I can find a job easier and move on but at this point we have nowhere to go. Thank you. Please let me know if we qualify for any assistance.