Disabled and have pets, but need rent help

Find how to get help with rent
Krampus
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Disabled and have pets, but need rent help

Post by Krampus »

Help with finding resources because I am 6 weeks from being homeless. I am disabled and rents are so high I cannot afford them and the homeless shelters in area only have beds for the night due to medical issues its hard on me. I have tried twice to communicate with the landlord on trying to stop the eviction process but he is unwilling to do. Even if did stay here the one saving grace of my brother living with both myself and my son is gone so would no longer be able to afford place with bills.
I am scared because if I become homeless my health is in danger of becoming worse and I am trying even to rent a room to share with my disabled son and not many people are willing to do or if so the bedroom is upstairs and it is difficult to climb stairs other than 3 or 4 because of my disability.
It is an especially a rare connective and collegan disorder. I also have weakness in lower legs so need to use walker and some places have a steep driveways. I cannot climb without a possibility of hurting self. My son is disabled due to cognitive deficits and he is also working part time in our current city of San Francisco California and have 2 cats. One will be re-homed and the other would like to keep as he is a mental health kitty to help calm me so he is like a service animal. I live in California and need help as I can't do everything on own with having mobility issues.
Gloria12

Re: Disabled and have pets, but need rent help

Post by Gloria12 »

I have been recently diagnosed with sarnovial sarcoma in December 2014. In December 2015 I had to have my foot amputated, so I am now disabled. I have been really struggling since then since being out of work. I have two kids, two dogs as pets, and one cat on the way, and currently am not eligible for any assistance. And awaiting for SSI for months now.
Since surgery I have never felt so depressed like I can't do nothing for my children. I am currently two months behind rent. And with another month coming up I am afraid of eviction, I really can't not mentally handle an eviction never mind physically with me being a prosthetic and still not having a prosthetic. I am really reaching out to see if there is any possible way of assistance for rent. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Disabled and have pets, but need rent help

Post by Admin »

Yes, rents are super high in San Fran. We are not sure what to tell you. It is one of the most expensive parts of the country. But we do have information on local resources you can try for help. While we have no idea if you will qualify, you can try. Also be sure to mention the cognitive disease of your child...as maybe their are non-profits for that. Here are the resources. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... stanc.html
Krampus wrote:My son is disabled due to cognitive deficits and he is also working part time in our current city of San Francisco California and have 2 cats. One will be re-homed and the other would like to keep as he is a mental health kitty to help calm me so he is like a service animal. I live in California and need help as I can't do everything on own with having mobility issues.