Pay a bill or they will cut off my medications

Anyone in need of medical, dental, RX and health care.
Locate clinics, medical or dental care services and more on NHPB. Find free health care programs.
Mechanic
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Pay a bill or they will cut off my medications

Post by Mechanic »

I am a mother of four wonderful children and my baby girl and myself are very sick. I have sickle cell and asthma and my daughter has asthma. It is very bad too and we were we have to get 5 to 6 breathing treatment a day and that’s on a good day. When its bad I have to take her to the emergency room to get all kinds of medications.
I have to have a lot of pain medications and other medical needs as well so I have to go to the doctor appointment. So with that I can't hold a job because I’m in the hospital and have to be checked in a days and days a time. So I just paid my bill. I had to pay them 1395.00 and now they telling me I get to pay five hundred more dollars or they will cut me off by July 9th. And I don’t have the money. I have to pay rent with that then I don’t have a dime. I just trying to did the best that I can so if it is someone that could help you would really thank them from the bottom of my heart.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pay a bill or they will cut off my medications

Post by Admin »

Hopefully some insurance (or even Medicaid) takes care of some of the doctor visits. As far as the medications, try this for help.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... drugs.html
There are many programs, especially for kids since you have 4 of them. Some may offer free items but other programs at least may give you a discount or voucher.
Mechanic wrote:I have to have a lot of pain medications and other medical needs as well so I have to go to the doctor appointment.
Troyyer

Post by Troyyer »

I live in Kentucky and am really desperate on how I can possibly keep up with the medications as well as electric bills coming in. They are close too 300 a month and I only receive 780, and my prescriptions are $100. My heater runs 24/7 trying to even get it up to 60 degrees in here which it fails to do and I can not afford kerosene to help.
I have a kerosene heater and it does help greatly when I can afford to get some but that is rare. I am even having to go without getting my medications because I can not afford them and my rent and other living bills. I have tried to find a room mate to no avail. I am new back to this area and have no idea how to get thru this. I rent and they won't help weatherize and I can't afford to do that either. I am at my wits end and with my severe lungs and other medical issues I am kind of stuck....please help.
Lunchlady

Post by Lunchlady »

My name is Jerry, I'm disabled and I have medical bills I can't afford to pay and I need medications too. I paid all the small bills but I have one large bill around $3,700.
I also have had to go to a pain clinic due to new medication laws my p.c.p. can't prescribe meds I have been on for 13 years.
The pain clinic wants to put me on new medications because of the new laws on opiates they can't keep me on the meds I have been on, the meds they would like to prescribe for me would cost me around $500 a month. I cannot possibility pay this.
I live scrapping between bills, food, medications. Please I hope you can help me, or guide me in the direction for help.
Sincerely Jerry
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you owe $3700, you may be too late. Just ask for a payment plan.
But as far as going forward, look into a drug company patient assistance program.
Many offer deep discounts (or free medications) to the very low income or disabled for that matter.

Lunchlady wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:20 pm My name is Jerry, I'm disabled and I have medical bills I can't afford to pay and I need medications too. I paid all the small bills but I have one large bill around $3,700.