Seems like no rent help for childless adults

The main NHPB site has more information on local rent assistance programs.
Rolle
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Seems like no rent help for childless adults

Post by Rolle »

I am currently homeless and due to me not having any children of my own, I am finding it very difficult to find help. I have been bouncing around from friends and families houses, & I just feel like a burden. I recently started a job and am doing well. I just need help getting on my feet and into a home. The cold is vastly approaching and I do not want to have to worry about where I may sleep for the evening. If you could contact me, I would greatly appreciate it. God Bless.
LoriLynn Smith

Re: Seems like no rent help for childless adults

Post by LoriLynn Smith »

To Whom It May Concern, I am asking for some help. It seems like ever since storm Sandy things just are so bad. I’m out of a Job and it’s up To My husband who works off The books For a few dollars 5 days a week To pay All The bills. We have no kids, and it seems like many of the Sandy programs for for adults with kids. I’ve been trying To get a Job but it’s not easy. My Rent is behind and we are pending eviction. We really need a helping hand, we worked hard to get here. We don’t want to lose it now. Please if there is anything you can do it would be most appreciated.
Newburgh

Post by Newburgh »

To Whom it May Concern;
I was trying to find out how to get some assistance with my utilities? Seems like single people with no kids like me get the shaft. The reason behind needing the assistance is that in December I was diagnosed with the Flu, which then turned into double pneumonia and then I went to my primary doctor and she sent me to the emergency room via ambulance. I then ended up in the hospital on 3 different occasions, and still having issues. Now the infection brought about an autoimmune disorder, we are still trying to figure this out. I am 42, have no kids and have never had to ask for help, but I am unable to walk on my own and use a walker. I applied for short term disability, but since it hasn't been over two years with this company they are going back like five years to see it's not a preexisting condition. I have not received a check, I have run out of sick days, and my primary has me as completely disabled-I have no children in the home. Who can help me with the utilities?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,
Well not sure about that, but there are definitely some programs that focus on parents with kids. But each utility assistance program varies. We do not think utility companies refuse to help childless people, but you can try them. As there are many different regional and national programs too, and look here for utility help. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... bills.html
Newburgh wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:54 am To Whom it May Concern;
I was trying to find out how to get some assistance with my utilities? Seems like single people with no kids like me get the shaft.