Mt Pleasant, TN landlord cut off power

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
jcalder
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Mt Pleasant, TN landlord cut off power

Post by jcalder »

Please help me!!! I am a single mother that has fallen on bad luck. My landlord is cutting my power and water off Monday morning, even though it has been paid on time and in full. He says I owe him $430 and if I don't pay this Friday he will cut it all off!!! I have a heart condition and I am a brittle diabetic, if he cuts my stuff off my health is in jeopardy. I have been working 5-6 days week until the company I work for cut me back to 2 days week. I am looking for extra work, or a new job, or what ever I can find to pay the bills. If I could just have a little help now, I will be forever grateful!!!
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Mt Pleasant, TN landlord cut off power

Post by Admin »

Who is the utility company there? Some options may include Memphis Light Gas and Water, the On Track program. This is a utility bill payment program that was created to help customers with limited incomes or who are facing a hardship with managing debt and pay off their energy bills over a period of time.

Also try contacting the South Central Human Resource Agency at (931) 433-7182. This local Maury County TN community action agency offers a host of utility and energy bill assistance programs and plans. They can help prevent a disconnection, and help you get your utility service reinstated. I also think it would be illegal to turn off your power if you have a medical condition. There is info on free legal programs at the main site needhelppayingbills.com
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
jcalder wrote:Please help me!!! I am a single mother that has fallen on bad luck. My landlord is cutting my power and water off Monday morning, even though it has been paid on time and in full. He says I owe him $430 and if I don't pay this Friday he will cut it all off!!! I have a heart condition and I am a brittle diabetic, if he cuts my stuff off my health is in jeopardy. I have been working 5-6 days week until the company I work for cut me back to 2 days week. I am looking for extra work, or a new job, or what ever I can find to pay the bills. If I could just have a little help now, I will be forever grateful!!!