i need rent help in illinois

Find how to get help with rent
booalber
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

i need rent help in illinois

Post by booalber »

i need help paying for rent in illinois i have applied for a few programs and i can not get help from them because i am always over the income about 20-30 dollars. and they say they cant help me out. is there something else that i can doo for help. i have tried places and they say that they are out of funding and there isnt anyone else they can recommend me to.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: i need rent help in illinois

Post by Admin »

Try the Illinois Rental Housing Support assistance program. It provides rent subsidies and grants.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
You can also contact your local community action agency. They can usually refer you to additional programs and services.
grandma

Post by grandma »

I have been unemployed for two years with a background in default servicing. I have been unable to pay rent for 9 months but my landlord stated that if I just pay June rent at $1600 and find a job soon he will work with me and waive the 3 day pay or quit notice. So I need help with this payment and welfare and the state of Illinois cannot help me.
Putin

Post by Putin »

I am facing eviction with a rear rent balance of $6000. I left an abusive relationship with my 2 children 2 years ago with no job or vehicle. I now live in Chicago. I struggled to find odd work to pay what I could of rent to keep my kids safe. I have paid my rent on time and in full for the past 6 months with my full-time employment paycheck and child support. I am now able to afford my current bills but am unable to pay the rear rent balance owed.
If I would get assistance with the rear rent amount, I would finally be able to breathe knowing my children have a home that I can pay the rent currently and in the future. I’ve come so far but cannot seem to be able to overcome the obstacle of paying my past due rent amount. If you have any information of any agencies that could possibly help me and my daughters avoid having to be homeless or move back in with my abusive ex. Thank you so much, I would appreciate information you are able to provide.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

No agency in Chicago will give you $6000 for that back rent. While it is great you can pay all of your bills and housing going forward, $6000 is a lot of money. Maybe ask the landlord for a payment plan. Many will offer this to save them the expense from evicted you and the kids, marketing the home, fixing it up, etc. If you can pay a little of the rear rental expenses each month, this may keep you housed and avoid homelessness. Also, look into agencies that offer help for rent in Chicago.