My moms heater is broken and needs repair or replacement

If you are struggling with utility - energy bills.
NHPB has more info on energy assistance, and find local utility bill assistance programs.
Omni
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

My moms heater is broken and needs repair or replacement

Post by Omni »

My mother lives alone in San Bernardino California. She is a disabled elderly. her heater is not that old but does not work anymore. She is using a portable heater and her electric bill is really high. I wanted to see if there is a program somewhere where someone can go check her heater. Her house is so cold all the time because she wants to keep her electric bill from going so high. This is the 2nd or 3rd winter with the same problem with her heater.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: My moms heater is broken and needs repair or replacement

Post by Admin »

Maybe a community action agency can drop in at your moms and take a look at her heater. Maybe weatherization can help your mom, or the agency has other ideas on programs in San Bernardino. There may be other aid for seniors in the county too, so be sure to specifically refer to those. More details are here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... istan.html
Omni wrote:My mother lives alone in San Bernardino California. She is a disabled elderly. her heater is not that old but does not work anymore. She is using a portable heater and her electric bill is really high. I wanted to see if there is a program somewhere where someone can go check her heater. Her house is so cold all the time because she wants to keep her electric bill from going so high. This is the 2nd or 3rd winter with the same problem with her heater.