Recovering from an eviction and now need a home

Find how to get help with rent
Juker
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Recovering from an eviction and now need a home

Post by Juker »

My boyfriend and I are trying to get back in our feet after we were evicted from an apartment a year ago. We now have stable jobs that give full time hours, but we can't buy a car or get an apartment because of the Hamilton place in Sun Prairie. We are living with friends and we need a place and a car to call our own, can you please help us?
sasolis

Re: Recovering from an eviction and now need a home

Post by sasolis »

No cars I know of. Try the resource info on the site or call for local. If you were evicted you need to be up front with other places otherwise they have a right to not rent to you. I would tell them what happened and you may find someone eventually to help you.
TracieT

Post by TracieT »

Hello, I am looking for help paying for/finding a place to live for myself, my fiancée' & our 5 dogs in Cookeville, Tennessee. I will tell you a little about us & what we're hoping to find. I'm a 32year old, white, female & my fiancée' is a 36 year old, white, male originally from North Carolina, but moved to Tennessee. We had moved here in the hopes of getting a fresh start, but that hasn't worked out as well as we had hoped.
We moved in with "friends" in June 2014 & lived with them for about 2 months before health issues caused them to kick us out. We lived in our pickup truck in Cookeville for about a month before my fiancée' had found some work. Then we were staying at a motel but then he lost his job, so we were back living in our pickup truck. A friend I had met on Facebook was in a similar situation & had paid for 3 weeks at a different motel in Nashville & was kind enough to give us one of her weeks.
We moved to the new motel in March & have been there since, working odd jobs to pay for it. The motel owner has been kind enough to accept whatever we can pay, when we can. I recently found a temporary position & am currently working, but my fiancée' is not because he stays at the motel with the dogs.
Another issue we've had is our truck. We are trying to get it fixed, but are having trouble paying for it because of having to pay for our room at the motel. The motel we're staying at has bedbugs & they won't do anything about them except spray alcohol on the bed. I'm being bit, but my fiancée' is not. We're desperate to get out of there & into a place of our own, but are unable to because we have no money saved because we can't afford to save any.
We recently heard about a mobile home for rent for $400/month that we would be able to afford, but they want $800 by July 1st & we can't afford that. I am hoping to find some sort of help for paying that down payment so we can have a safe, bug free home for myself, my fiancée' & our 5 dogs. We won't give our dogs away as they are like our children. I'm really hoping that you can help us or point us in the direction of someone that can. We have nowhere else to go!! Please help us! Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Some agencies will offer rental assistance for mobile homes. But it is not quite as common. So ask the Memphis agencies for referrals. They may also have suggestions on car programs too. Especially if you have a temporary job, that may improve your chances for being supported. Locate all of these rental programs in Memphis.