Veteran behind on mortgage

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
M60t5
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Veteran behind on mortgage

Post by M60t5 »

I am a Veteran in desperate need of financial assistance. I am medically retired with a % 50 rating. I am a full time student receiving the BAH stipend that ended this month until school starts back in Fall 2012, but until then I need help with mortgage and other bills. I receive $797 from the VA, $178 from DOD , and $584 from unemployment. But its not enough to cover all my bills or my home loan for 5 months! I am in danger of loosing my home due to being 3 months behind on my house payments. I am currently unemployed and have been so since 2010, but I am still looking for employment. I have to save up after paying my bills in order to cover house payments. I do not want to loose my home I need help to keep this roof over my head. Thanks in advance for anything you can do.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Veteran behind on mortgage

Post by Admin »

Military members and veteran do have some additional options available for helping with housing and mortgage issues. Some examples include programs such as the Military Homeowners Assistance Program. They can help is someone is facing a default, maybe they are a little behind, or want to explore various home loan modifications. The bottom line is that MHAP can help military members, even if they are currently unemployed. Look into this resource.
M60t5 wrote:I am a Veteran in desperate need of financial assistance. I am medically retired with a % 50 rating. I am a full time student receiving the BAH stipend that ended this month until school starts back in Fall 2012, but until then I need help with mortgage and other bills. I receive $797 from the VA, $178 from DOD , and $584 from unemployment. But its not enough to cover all my bills or my home loan for 5 months! I am in danger of loosing my home due to being 3 months behind on my house payments. I am currently unemployed and have been so since 2010, but I am still looking for employment. I have to save up after paying my bills in order to cover house payments. I do not want to loose my home I need help to keep this roof over my head. Thanks in advance for anything you can do.
Legland

Post by Legland »

Your websites are very informative yet none seem to be able to financial assist persons without minor children or veterans. I am disabled and have fallen behind in my mortgage due to unexpected emergencies. Upon calling the listed agencies in Dayton, Ohio for help, "none" were able to give any assistance. So if a person don't have children in the home or have served in the military, no agencies will help- always a clique in the regulations that prevent everyone from receiving equal assistance when fallen in despair. I need help paying my mortgage, so where's the help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Right or wrong, many of the assistance programs, especially mortgage ones, do focus on families with children. But there are resources for veterans too, and those are in fact fairly common in Ohio. For housing issues we usually recommend people call non-profit HUD certified counselors, and we have tons of information on them in Dayton and really across Ohio. Ask them for help or referrals. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... selin.html
gracie

Post by gracie »

Good Day!
I am a disable veteran, I am an active National guard that had surgery in December, for a fusion of lower back. I have been on leave with out pay since them due to my medical paper work got lost on the way back from Iraq and there was no evidence to put me on pay status. My wife is the only one working in the house. I barely get enough from my VA disability a month and we are struggle ling to make needs. We live in Dallas, we are a family of five our mortgage is $1021 a month and our bills are high. We have to sign for ABC for the gas and light service plan. We have also applied for SNAP they are not giving us much due to they base of my checks before I stop getting pay. But we nee dhelp with our mortgage first and foremost.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Texas does have an Unmet needs program that hels veterans in their state. Part of what they do is provide grants for mortgages and more. They may not only help with housing, but they can accelerate your disability or SNAP applications, direct you to medical care from the VA for the disability you have, and provide other support. Read more on the Texas programs for veterans.
Fritz

Post by Fritz »

Good morning to whom it may concern.
 I am single mom of two kids’ active duty for 16 years and now a veteran. I am an alumnus from Wonder Warrior Program as well and I was referred by them to you for mortgage help and repairs. I currently a homeowner since February 2018. I live in El Cajon, CA 92021. In December 2018, my lift station (septic) broke down and I repaired it with new pumps and valves total damage estimates around $5000. In October 2019, my lift station backed up and it was pump and now I’m assuming a temp fix. Every month since then (November, December, January, February, March, April, May, and June) has been pump and seen by 4 different plumbers and 2 electricians but not the ones who works with lift station (septic). I also need mortgage help as a veteran suffering from COVID.
It has broken my pocket/wallet and I need help please. I begged for assistance to repair that smell outside my house. I need someone to fix my issue at my home and I am also in a financial hardship due to the lift station being broken has set me back a month behind my mortgage. I don’t know what else to do and who else to reach out. due to COVID my luck has decreased a lot.
 To me this is an emergency. I hope you can help me please.