Medical debts from surgery

If you need help with paying debt, including credit cards, car loans and medical debt.
Also look here for the main NHPB site and programs that help reduce debt.
John Smith
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Medical debts from surgery

Post by John Smith »

I recently had surgery that cost me almost $10,000, and I had to take out a loan to help pay the hospital bills. While I feel better from the surgery, now the bills are killing me. I am absoultely drowing under these medical bills and creditors and collectors keep calling me. I live in NC area, and where can I turn to for help with these before I go bankrupt.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Medical debts from surgery

Post by Admin »

Well, the best thing to do is negotiate a price in advance of the surgery, but that will not really help you right now. Try calling the hospital or doctor and ask for price concessions, or a payment plan. That can work as well. Last, but not least, try a medical billing advocate.
Indra
anti spam: Blue

Re: Medical debts from surgery

Post by Indra »

I'm currently a single parent working hard to provide for my daughter. I've never received any government assistance. I'm currently paying 5 garnishments for medical bills on my son's surgery and I need assistance very bad. I can't afford to pay my bills because of these medical garnishments. I can't purchase a home or car because judgments are showing up on my credit report. I need help. Please reach out to me and advise what it is that I can do to reduce the debt that I have for medical bills. I don't want to file bankruptcy and mess my credit up. I'm crying out for assistance.