Desperate for moving costs

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
judylebens
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Desperate for moving costs

Post by judylebens »

Hello Everyone,

I am new at this, and it is a desperate attempt to find help. Because of a severe medical issue which requires major surgery and months of recuperation, I must move from Berkeley, California, to Eastern Washington state so I can live with my son and family. I have been told by my neurosurgeon that if I do not have this surgery very soon, I will end up paralyzed...a very scary proposition.

I have household goods which need to be moved. I have searched and searched for the cheapest moving costs and have found that, even if I move myself, it will cost between $3-4,000. My medical bills, co-pays, and car problems have depleted my savings. Unless, I can come up with this money, I will need to cancel my back surgery which is scheduled for August 20th in San Francisco.

I know there are many stories on this website, some of which are bogus, but some of which are painfully true. So that I can try to establish my credibility, let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am 60 years old, have been a registered nurse for 40 years, a masters level social worker for 12 years, completed a Master of Divinity from an Episcopal seminary in California, and am 4 weeks away from completing a one year hospital chaplaincy residency. I raised three children by myself, all now in their 30's but without the financial resources to help Mom. All I have ever wanted to do was to help others. It wasn't supposed to be like this....at my age. However, thanks to a drunk driver in 1988, I have struggled with physical problems, the necessity to change my profession, and a sense of hopelessness that feels suffocating.

I NEED HELP. I cannot promise to pay back any money, although I would certainly try. However, what I can do is to pay it forward with my heart, soul, time, and gifts. Please, is there someone out there....or several people or agencies out there who can help? I can be reached on my cell at 503-332-4898 or by email at jdpmfesio@yahoo.com

With many blessings to all of you who are helping and searching,
Judy :(
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Desperate for moving costs

Post by Admin »

I am not aware of charities that pay for moving costs. I did some searching with no luck. A couple suggesstions. Here is a link on some charities that offer medical help. Maybe call some of them and see if they have more info.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ns_th.html

I would also call the local San Fran community action agency,
Economic Opportunity Council of San Francisco. (415) 749-3971. They may know of some services that provide transportation for medical reasons.
HermanB
anti spam: Blue

Re: Desperate for moving costs

Post by HermanB »

HAVING MUCH HARDSHIP. I AM HAVING PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS DUE TO SOME DISABILITY. I AM HERE IN PENNSYLVANIA TO ASSIST MY MOTHER TRANSITION FROM NURSING HOME TO A NEW HOME. I HAVE A LEGAL COURT APPEARANCE IN CALIFORNIA AND SOME MEDICAL NEEDS THAT ALL FALL IN THE FIRST WEEK OF AUGUST. MY VEHICLE IS HERE, MY PART TIME UNION JOB OPTIONS ARE IN THE NYC AREA. I AM UNSURE IN LOS ANGELES WHEN I CAN BE THERE. MY MOTHER HAS NEEDED MY HELP TO FACILITATE MEDICAL CARE. ASSISTANCE HAS BEEN CHALLENGING TO HAVE THE NURSING FACILITY ATTEND TO ALL NEEDS. I NEED TO UNDERSTAND HOW TO FIND EMERGENCY GRANTS TO RETURN TO MY HOME STATE AFTER 11 MONTHS OF BEING EXTREMELY OUT OF MY ELEMENT. THIS HAS BEEN BEYOND CHALLENGING. I AM HAPPY TO SPEAK FURTHER AS NECESSARY. THANK YOU KINDLY.