Property Taxes

Find how to get help with taxes, such as property and income taxes.
jMacdouglas1
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:57 am

Property Taxes

Post by jMacdouglas1 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:16 am

I need help paying my property tax bill which is $1200.00 I have lost my job, I have been looking for employment of any kind I cannot afford to lose my home, please direct me for the help I need, If I can get some one to grant me the monies I can pay $50.00 a month to repay the grant. mryantho@aol.com and please don't referre me to a loan company without a job or any kinda of income you can not get a loan. I need help now. Thanks

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7213
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Property Taxes

Post by Admin » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:00 pm

jMacdouglas1 wrote:I need help paying my property tax bill which is $1200.00 I have lost my job, I have been looking for employment of any kind I cannot afford to lose my home, please direct me for the help I need, If I can get some one to grant me the monies I can pay $50.00 a month to repay the grant. mryantho@aol.com and please don't referre me to a loan company without a job or any kinda of income you can not get a loan. I need help now. Thanks
Hi,Contact your local assessor and work out a payment plan. They will rarely foreclose or auction your home if you make some payments. Also, challenge your taxes. It is free to do.

mikedietrich29
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 pm

Help with property taxes

Post by mikedietrich29 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:17 pm

I need help paying property taxes or ill lose my home

karenjim
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:16 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Property Taxes

Post by karenjim » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:24 pm

I am not certain of the different cities but check with your local city hall. My city hall offers hardship programs twice per year. You need to reapply every year, but if you qualify they'll either lower your taxes or give you an exemption from paying them that year. It's worth a try... not like they'll go any higher. And you may just be pleasantly surprised... Check with your city hall soon... Good luck

weinbergm95
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:57 am

How to get a Property Tax abatement

Post by weinbergm95 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:17 am

I need help. I cannot find a community action agency in my area and I owe $1044 in property taxes which I cannot pay as I only live on $900 a month. I live in Sandoval (Marion County), Illinois. I've been trying my best to find someone who will allow me to abate my taxes altogether, but after a couple weeks of researching, I can find no help. There is no way I can pay these taxes and the lst installment of $526.03 is due by August 21st. I do not want to defer my taxes, as I do not want a lien on my property. Can you please help? What are my options? I would really like to have the Property Tax Abatement or some program that will erase my back taxes altogether. Installments do me no good as after I pay my bills, I have absolutely nothing left over. Please write me soon. I shall be waiting anxiously to hear from you. I am getting NO cooperation from the Assessor's Office or Treasurer's Office.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7213
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: How to get a Property Tax abatement

Post by Admin » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:17 am

Many people are struggling with property taxes, as their home values have gone down but not there taxes. So many homeowners are also therefore overpaying on property taxes. For example, they may be paying for a home worth $400,000, but due to recent housing crisis house is now only worth $300,000. So you need to review your assessment and challenge it if necessary. Consultants can usually help, and will only charge you money if they save you money, so nothing to lose by trying.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... elps_.html
weinbergm95 wrote:I need help. I cannot find a community action agency in my area and I owe $1044 in property taxes which I cannot pay as I only live on $900 a month. I live in Sandoval (Marion County), Illinois. I've been trying my best to find someone who will allow me to abate my taxes altogether, but after a couple weeks of researching, I can find no help. There is no way I can pay these taxes and the lst installment of $526.03 is due by August 21st. I do not want to defer my taxes, as I do not want a lien on my property. Can you please help? What are my options? I would really like to have the Property Tax Abatement or some program that will erase my back taxes altogether. Installments do me no good as after I pay my bills, I have absolutely nothing left over. Please write me soon. I shall be waiting anxiously to hear from you. I am getting NO cooperation from the Assessor's Office or Treasurer's Office.

Area51
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:58 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Property Taxes

Post by Area51 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:00 pm

My dad died in March, he had a pre-paid funeral thing. His house was given to me but the tproperty axes for 2010 was not paid and now 2011 as well as 2012 taxes are due. 2011 is cheaper cause he did not use trash. They will not let me make payments on 2010 which has to be paid in 2011. Someone bought the certificate and now taxes for 2011 that has to be paid in 2010 will need to be paid. If I can't pay them the guy who bought the certificate will get it in 2013. I need help for 2010 it is 634.00 2011 is 340.00..Please I don't want to loose my dad house. Its paid for.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7213
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Property Taxes

Post by Admin » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:55 am

There are non-profit creidt counseling agencies that can advise on tax matter, financial planning for a family members death, those certificates, and other matters. That may be your best option in this case. Find a listing of non-profits counseling, debt reduction, and tax agencies here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cre ... ncies.html
They should be able to help you in this matter.
Area51 wrote:My dad died in March, he had a pre-paid funeral thing. His house was given to me but the property axes for 2010 was not paid and now 2011 as well as 2012 taxes are due. 2011 is cheaper cause he did not use trash. They will not let me make payments on 2010 which has to be paid in 2011. Someone bought the certificate and now taxes for 2011 that has to be paid in 2010 will need to be paid. If I can't pay them the guy who bought the certificate will get it in 2013. I need help for 2010 it is 634.00 2011 is 340.00..Please I don't want to loose my dad house. Its paid for.

Miller
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:51 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Property Taxes

Post by Miller » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:57 am

I am in desperate need of assistance with back property taxes I am a 42 year old man who's only income is ssdi I own my home without any mortgage and now fear I will be homeless as even though I pay the town 900.00 a month leaving me 81.00$ a month to live on the fees and penalties and interest keep piling up I have no transportation and am intimidated by these people I don't know what too do please help. Franklin. NH 03235

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7213
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Property Taxes

Post by Admin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:58 am

How can you be paying $900 per month for taxes. Doesn't make any sense. Way too much. Look into the assessment on your home and challenge it. Tale to your local assessor, look into tax rates, and heck, move if the property is really that high. We have information on steps to take, options, and other support here at Tax help page we have on the site. Good luck to you. Also try calling a credit counselor in New Hampshire.
Miller wrote:I am in desperate need of assistance with back property taxes I am a 42 year old man who's only income is ssdi I own my home without any mortgage and now fear I will be homeless as even though I pay the town 900.00 a month leaving me 81.00$ a month to live on the fees and penalties and interest keep piling up I have no transportation and am intimidated by these people I don't know what too do please help. Franklin. NH 03235

Tiffany1
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:18 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Property Taxes

Post by Tiffany1 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:24 pm

Good morning,

I live in Carol Stream, IL. Me and my family of 4 moved into a house in Carol Stream last year and our taxes have increase both years. Also, with the federal tax increase last year, we're simply unprepared to pay this much increase. We were just able to afford our mortgage and tax payments when we moved in but now with these increases, it's really put us in a difficult position to make these payments every month.

If there are programs or tax breaks that are available, I would be very interested to hear them or to seek counsel with someone and discuss our situation further.

Thanks,

Trader
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:24 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Property Taxes

Post by Trader » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:30 am

I have currently lost grandparents and my mother who which left me property. The property is delinquent in taxes six years. I was a college student who quit going to college and had to move back home to care give for my family....Now I have no job or source of income and all these bills, I do not want to loose everything my family has ever worked for.... If you have any suggestions or could point me in the right direction, please get hold of me.

Kimsmom
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:28 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Property Taxes

Post by Kimsmom » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:00 am

Good afternoon. I want to know what kind of people can apply for help payment of property tax. I want temporary help. I have a baby of two months. I have no income, just my boyfriend's work and where we live is not an appropriate place for my baby.
Let me know what I have to do to get help while I look for a place to take care of my baby and looking for a job. Thank you very much for your response.
And if in a given place can assist, then that aid can always be deducted from future salaries given to me.

Erin Robinson
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:45 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Property Taxes

Post by Erin Robinson » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:34 pm

Property taxes for 2016 past due and I am not able to pay before 12-31-16. I have been paying on all past due bills and I only bring home 200-250 per week. I have tried to save all year but other bills were more pressing.
The 2017 property tax is due but not past due yet. If I can't get some help for what's past due it will double and I can't pay that. I got a letter from the tax collector taped to my door in September stating I must pay by December 31 or my trailer will be put up for sheriffs sale. Once I get my income tax refund next year I can pay the next year of taxes but right now that won't help me in time. Please contact me ASAP and let me know if there is anything that can help me. My son and I thank you for any help.

Johnsonss
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:41 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Property Taxes

Post by Johnsonss » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:07 am

I really need help to pay my property taxes before they come and take my home. I have two kids and one of the gets SSI. I have a job starting in April. I really need your help. I have to pay the taxes before the 31st. I hope you can help thanks.

Post Reply