death in family

State and local government assistance programs.
sproffitt
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

death in family

Post by sproffitt »

Hi my name is stephanie. I have a friend whos father just recently died in march 2010. He was left with his fathers power bill. He had the bills set up for a limit and had agreed to pay the rest at the end of the year. Now my friend cannot get power because his fathers debt has to be paid off. How can he get help
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: death in family

Post by Admin »

What state? One option, while I wait for the state, is to contact an attorney. If the friend is income qualified they may be able to get free legal advice for how to deal with the death and power bill issue.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/fre ... dvice.html
sproffitt wrote:Hi my name is stephanie. I have a friend whos father just recently died in march 2010. He was left with his fathers power bill. He had the bills set up for a limit and had agreed to pay the rest at the end of the year. Now my friend cannot get power because his fathers debt has to be paid off. How can he get help
Almost fell

Post by Almost fell »

I need help to pay for rent. It is due one the 11th or the 7th and I went though a bad divorce 7 month ago and my ex husband pay some child support and money for me. But what he pays me now goes though DSH as he passed away. It will not get the money pulled from my ex paycheck and I do not have no money for rent and for bills. But they said I was paid 2 times in April, but that is not the case. But I know the money was the same amount, and I only get $770.66.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Then call DSH to tell them you were not paid twice. Show them proof that you only received $770. That should no be difficult to do. Also, ask them for proof that they paid you twice and trace the money. As far as financial aid, there are assistance programs in Southwest Mississippi, but of course there is limited funding and a long application process in place.
BahBah

Post by BahBah »

Good morning. My name is Melissa Sturgis and I am from Miami Florida. I am getting over a death in my family. I am looking for help with getting food, clothes, pampers, baby wipes, water and personal hygiene products for my family of five today. We're also in need of getting help with bus cards to do job search and school supplies for my five year old grandson, who will be starting school when school starts back. Thank you.