Broken Water Heater

People looking for general financial assistance.
Also look here for programs on the main NHPB site for local financial help.
herring801
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Broken Water Heater

Post by herring801 »

Hi, I am writing in hopes of getting an issue resolved. Three weeks ago our water heater broke. My mom lives alone and I am her designated care taker. I contacted LHEAP and the Weatherization program. My mom qualified for the program to recieve a new water heater. I spent many hours on the phone. They sent out an inspector two weeks ago. My mom has health issuses and needs to take a hot shower! we have heard nothing back from LHEAP or the weatherization program as to when she will recieve the water heater. I was told it would be a priority due to my moms health. Where is her water heater and when are we going to hear anything regarding this issue. please respond ASP as my mom has special needs. thank you,herring801
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Broken Water Heater

Post by Admin »

Great job in calling about LIHEAP and weatherization. You are contacting the people and programs that you should. If you are not getting call backs or results, not much I can do there. Just try calling again. My only other recommendation may be to contact a legal aid office in your area. They give free advice. Even on government programs such as LIHEAP and weatherization, so if you are getting the run around maybe one of these attorneys can make a call, and that should get their attention!
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... dvice.html
herring801 wrote:Hi, I am writing in hopes of getting an issue resolved. Three weeks ago our water heater broke. My mom lives alone and I am her designated care taker. I contacted LHEAP and the Weatherization program. My mom qualified for the program to recieve a new water heater. I spent many hours on the phone. They sent out an inspector two weeks ago. My mom has health issuses and needs to take a hot shower! we have heard nothing back from LHEAP or the weatherization program as to when she will recieve the water heater. I was told it would be a priority due to my moms health. Where is her water heater and when are we going to hear anything regarding this issue. please respond ASP as my mom has special needs. thank you,herring801
Carly
anti spam: Blue

Re: Broken Water Heater

Post by Carly »

I'm not sure if this is the place to contact for a new broken water heater but I thought I'd try. I'm a senior on a low income. My husband passed when we were both only 48 years old. I just lost my son last year. My daughter lives in Va. with her family, so I am alone here. My water heater had to be replaced as it was broken, my rugs were ruined and the plumber billed me $ 1375.00. I had no choice but to have this done. I was wondering if there is an assistance program somewhere that could help me with that bill? I suffer from Severe Clinical Depression and Anxiety, type 2 Diabetes, etc. Any help is appreciated. Thank you, Bensalem, Pa., 19020 .