I only make $15 an hour

State and local government assistance programs.
Beauty
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I only make $15 an hour

Post by Beauty »

Hi All,
I have no idea where to go for help anymore, as I've already contacted agencies in four counties in PA and gotten no help because they are supposedly "overwhelmed" with caseloads. So I am, in my exasperated state, emailing all of you in hopes that at least one of you will help me as my income is only $15 an hour - not enough...I am a single mother who has a good job with advancement opportunities. I currently only make $15 an hour and my hours are inconsistent--especially when I have my son, as I am limited with daycare only being open certain hours/days...  I am not safe where I currently live, as I am staying with elderly grandparents who are losing their minds and an uncle who keeps threatening me. My grandmother told me I need to move out--this month... 
I have been fruitlessly searching for a decent home for my son and me on this $15 per hour. But my credit is a mess thanks to a series of bad relationships and financial hardships throughout my education (I almost had my Ph.D.). I was evicted for being unable to pay rent in 2011 while living in Tampa Florida...  I have bank accounts that were closed, unpaid medical bills because I haven't been able to afford insurance for years, student loans in serious default, old credit card debt that I never was able to pay, etc. So I can't find anyone who will even rent to me. I don't know what to do. I have searched York, Dauphin, Lancaster, and Adams counties for rentals and for their assistance programs... Nothing.
No one will help me. What do I do??? 
I can't call off work to schedule appointments with your agencies and every time I call, I'm only given options during the times I am working. I work for Focus Behavioral Health. I work out in the community with adults on the Autism Waiver--my clients are located in all of the counties I listed above where I've searched for housing. That's what makes me even more frustrated--I don't even care what county I live in!  I'm not being picky. No one will rent to me. I'm so stressed with this and ready to permanently give up... I need to find a safe home for my three year old and myself now.
I've been searching for months and inquiring about assistance for years now. No one cares and I wish I had stayed and put up with the abuse by my son's father because I'm going to end up losing custody if I can't find housing and then I won't be able to make sure he is safe from the abuse. My employer can vouch for me--I am doing quite well at work and even earned employee of the month for June even though my hourly wage is only $15...  But no one will rent to me. So where can I live?  How am I supposed to live???  If I have no home, I'll lose my son, my job, and what's left of my sanity.  My name is Alysia Willis. I need assistance paying bills. I have eviction notice and electric turned off. I had a miscarriage with twins at four months. They had me on bed rest before that so I fell behind. I have a job interview tomorrow though. Please contact me with information. I've tried everywhere I know and cab never get through. I've been on the phone for 3 hours already today. I would also like to volunteer with anything if possible for you helping people out. I'd like to help any way possible also. Thank you. Alysia
Weinstein
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: I only make $15 an hour

Post by Weinstein »

Hi my name is Olivia. I'm a single mom of 3 kids working 40 hours a week making 15 dollars an hour. I get 100 dollars a month in child support and because I stay sick due to my remission of breast cancer I miss a lot of work. I really need help paying my bills. I live in Abilene Texas what I can do to get the help. My rent is also due on the first I think me and my kids will have to move...I hate struggling since I've divorced 6 years ago it's been living off paycheck by paycheck of $15 an hour with no help. I hope I can get some kind of help - thank you.
Sent from my iPhone