Community Action Appointment

State and local government assistance programs.
Welch
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Community Action Appointment

Post by Welch »

I am in desperate need of some help and have tried everything I know to do and can't get anywhere. My Sister-in-Law was telling me about "Community Action" but I had never heard of it. I googled it and found the email. She said her daughter just got hired through the Community Action to sit with someone and she is in WV but I live in Virginia Beach, VA so I don't know if that is around here or not. I will try to make this as short as possible but with as much information as I possibly can.
My husband has had five strokes. The last one was in 2015. The first one paralyzed him on the right side completely. He went through rehab. Each stroke has done more damage to him. He can't really do much for himself except feed himself but at first after the in 2014 he couldn't even do that. He is in Rehab now but coming home Monday.
I work five days a week and go to school two nights a week. I had him in a program called PACE but they did me wrong a couple times and it really hurt me and I lost all the faith and hope in them so withdrew him but now wish I hadn't. I have no one to help me with him. I need someone to stay with him during the days I work and the two nights I go to school and cannot find an agency that will approve those hours and he has Medicaid/Medicare so I thought that they would pay for his care. I am being told they won't.
My sister-in-law told me to contact you all to see if there is anything you can do to help me but getting me a sitter to sit with him during the week. The hours are Monday and Thursday from 7:30 am - 9:30 pm due to working and going to school right after work; Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 7:30 - 5:00. My next quarter at school starts in a couple weeks and I am only going one night this quarter which will be on Thursday so I would only need someone those long hours on Thursday. I have a girlfriend that wasn't to do it the days I go to school and get paid for it but I don't have the money to pay someone. If it could be done for her to do that it would be wonderful.
Can you please help me with this and let me know if you all do this and what I need to do to get it in place by Tuesday? I will try to get someone to watch him Monday after I bring him home from Rehab while I go to school. You can call me over the weekend if need be. I am OK with that.
I will wait to hear from someone.
JMichales

Re: Community Action Appointment

Post by JMichales »

Good morning
I am a 26 year old female with a two year old daughter.
I am currently employed but barely making enough to keep up with my bills so they're currently behind.
My rent is three months past due. I've been paying what I can but I owe over 2,000. I just need to find some assistant from your community action agency help to get me back to a current balance.
RinaEllis

Post by RinaEllis »

I am in need of transportation and utility assistance. I am a single mother with children, plus I help caring for father which has early stage Dementia. I currently got out of a Domestic relationship and moved from Louisiana to Texas. I am in a financial hardship and just need some assistance with transportation so that I can effectively provide for my family. Please contact me at your earliest convenience for an appointment at your community action agency. I can be reached by email or telephone.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are community action resources in Texas. Usually a DV survivor gets priority. Try them to get legal aid, housing, grants for paying bills, and more. A community action agency can help you settle into a new home in Texas too.
RinaEllis wrote: I currently got out of a Domestic relationship and moved from Louisiana to Texas.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Duke energy has informed us shut off is October 7. I've tried numerous churches and so forth and now I want an appointment at your community action agency. I've spoken to them at Duke Energy and rep was very rude and offered no help. I informed her that I have doctor Note children with asthma and husband going into hip surgery. He has partial hip October 2 and coming home today. She said they ran a business and no offer if payment plan and asthma didn't exclude you from power shut off and couldn't guarantee on life support power would not be shut off. We live in Franklinton NC and I'm out of options. When can I get an appointment? We only get 1800.00/ month long term disability.
Mortgage is 1000.00 month. Car insurance, gas, medical insurance is 276.09/ month. I'm at dead end and can't have husband coming home after surgery without electricity. What are my options for community action grants? I'm behind on mortgage. Waiting on Social Security decision. We are going to be homeless and/ or without power with 3 children as well. I lost my job because my husband was sick and had to have care. Please can you help us? Do not have internet at home.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is information on your local community action agency. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... pport.html
We can't tell you your options. Call them for an appointment. But you mention mortgage help, and that is very rare.
DeeDee wrote:We live in Franklinton NC and I'm out of options. When can I get an appointment? We only get 1800.00/ month long term disability.
Mortgage is 1000.00 month. Car insurance, gas, medical insurance is 276.09/ month. I'm at dead end and can't have husband coming home after surgery without electricity. What are my options for community action grants? I'm behind on mortgage. Waiting on Social Security decision. We are going to be homeless and/ or without power with 3 children as well. I lost my job because my husband was sick and had to have care. Please can you help us? Do not have internet at home.