Legal aid and other bills need to be paid

State and local government assistance programs.
Meredith
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Legal aid and other bills need to be paid

Post by Meredith »

Deep Well provided me with one week of motel expenses, as did Bluffton Self Help. I have attempted to receive additional help from Deep well, as I am living in Hilton Head, and have been told by them and Family promise that there are people far needier than myself. Deep Well has patently stated "not to bother them with my problems". Any assistance provided by Family Promise would involve potential weekly or bi-weekly moves, which I am too ill to even attempt
I have been told that I don't need to stay in the Hilton Head Island area, however having attempted living in several other areas my dermatologist has told me, due to severe allergies that create severe reactions including skin ulcers, constant hives, itching and medications costing several $100’s a month, we have found that I have less severe allergies in Hilton Head, so moving to another area, unless it's back to Nevada, where I lived my entire life, until four and a half years ago.
I had a very lucrative career in banking for nearly 30 years with Nevada's largest bank, and owned a business, concurrently, in Las Vegas. I also spent several years in the film/television industry.
In 2014 I was disabled, spent nearly $5000.00 paying off my lease, transporting my personal belongings to storage, spending $500.00 to rent a truck, and moved in with my physically and financially needy mother, who earned $730.00 a month. I supported and cared for her without a dime of assistance from my four brothers, or my sister. I was quite ill myself, and 7 months after her death in November of 2014, I had spent 7 months cleaning the home she lived in for 48 years, and was told by the Executor (my ex-spouse) of her trust to get out of her home.
Despite my mother's warnings, and formerly written Trust instructions that I was to remain in her home indefinitely. I had the amendment removed, having been promised $25,000 from my mother's Trust by my family in order to assist me in financially recovering from the expenses of moving, supporting my mother, having to quit a very part time job, and to retrieve and move my items from storage, as well as alleviate their insistence that I was attempting to take over her home, which I wouldn't have taken were it given to me. My mother had raised my four brother on her own when my father passed away 65 years of age (20 years prior to her death), while she supported them on $385.00 a month, and paid off her home.
I ended up moving to Savannah, GA, where my mother's doctor in Nevada of 30 years, owned 500 apartments. I was to spend 2 weeks to check it out. The day after I arrived I received an e-mail from her Executor stating he would not pay to have me flown back to California, and that I was not allowed to step foot on the residence (my mother's home). He told me I was on my own and to take care of my business in whatever way I chose.
I had been responsible for all taxes and insurance on her property, as well as any utilities related to running the household. Again, no one else contributed to the monthly expenses. After I was told to get out, I had not had a chance to move all of my belongings, and I was charged nearly $3500.00 to have my brother move my items to storage, and the house was immediately put on the market for sale (at the very lowest part of the market crises).
According to the Trust, her Executor was to receive 2% of the entire Trust. My mother's Executor charged $60.00 an hour, and despite the fact he was a former bank president and possessed the skills to do her taxes, he charged over $3000.00 to prepare a tax form a monkey could have been trained to do in about an hour.
All expenses he believed I incurred were subtracted from my benefits, and when I told him he owed an explanation for his egregious expenses, he told me he could do and interpret the document any manner in which he chose. I also told him he owed my family and my mother's attorney an explanation. I had contacted my mother's attorney (who was not supposed to speak with anyone except her Executor, however he referred me to an attorney as he felt my mother's Executor had taken advantage of me primarily, and had not protected the assets, as was his duty). I am currently in the midst of suing him and my family for allowing him to run a mock with his charges and expenses, as well as not protecting the assets of the Trust.
Most of the money I received has gone to motel expense, doctor expense, some clothing (as I left with enough clothing for two weeks, which has long since worn out), medications, and all things necessary to replace items necessary to run a home. The $25,000 promised was never paid to me as her Executor stated there was nothing in the Trust, or in writing to pay me for a small portion of my expenses, and loss of income over nearly four years of caring for my mother.
If you are able to direct me to any agency that is able to assist me and my needs I would truly appreciate your assistance. I could also use some free assistance with an attorney as well.
Over a year ago, I reported my landlord's behavior, accosting me, constant harassment, the financial problems and trauma he had created in my life. I have reminded them (Victim's Assistance) on three separate occasions that I need assistance. To date I have not received a return phone call, or any paperwork promised to me. I don't know if you are able to assist me in getting the help I need from Victim's Assistance, or provide me a way in which I can get them to respond, but again, I would appreciate any assistance you could possibly provide.
Thank you in advance for any assistance you are able to provide.
Regards,
follow
anti spam: Blue

Re: Legal aid and other bills need to be paid

Post by follow »

Hi, my name is Ruth, I'm in a situation where by husband is not treating me right, he is verbally abusive, cheating. Now I have legal bills that need to be paid. l have had situation where his mistresses have threatened me with guns, some come to my house and confront me, he has threatened me that incase he happen to be arrested by me. He will make sure I get arrested too, and lose my job and other stuff. We are always in constant arguments and sometimes fights.
My problem I don’t make enough to support myself, especially with the mortgage he helps me by paying half. He also pays light and water bill and I pay a half, and gas bill and internet for the kids school. My pay check is not enough due other Bill's like car insurance, car payment, and food. If he moves out, I cannot make it on my own. So I'm asking if there is any way I can be assisted to break away from him legally, with those bills and other costs. I've proof of most of the incidents of what have happened like police reports , text messages and other information if you need it. I just need a little assistance to stay away from my abuser, I'm stressed and everything is overwhelming, please help me with my kids.
Thanks
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Legal aid and other bills need to be paid

Post by Admin »

Hi Ruth,
Since you have multiple needs, including legal and financial, maybe a grant can help you. There are many out there for personal use or hardship. Find a list of easy grants to get.
follow wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:10 am Hi, my name is Ruth, I'm in a situation where by husband is not treating me right, he is verbally abusive, cheating. Now I have legal bills that need to be paid. l have had situation where his mistresses have threatened me with guns, some come to my house and confront me, he has threatened me that incase he happen to be arrested by me. He will make sure I get arrested too, and lose my job and other stuff. We are always in constant arguments and sometimes fights.