Resources for a caregiver or someone in hospice

State and local government assistance programs.
Valerie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Resources for a caregiver or someone in hospice

Post by Valerie » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:43 am

My aunt was recently diagnosed with terminal cancer. She was placed on hospice today and has been given up to three months to live. She is now living with my sister who had to cut her hours at work to take 24 hour care of my aunt. There bills have almost doubled and they are barely making ends meet. My family is now looking for assistance in any way we can find it.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Resources for a caregiver or someone in hospice

Post by Admin » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:32 am

Many of the resources focused on seniors, such as from Agency on Aging centers, also help those that are terminally ill. The programs tend to overlap. They may give you hospice or similar services. Locate assistance for the sick and elderly and call an agency on aging office in your community.

SeeMe

Re: Resources for a caregiver or someone in hospice

Post by SeeMe » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:28 am

I have been taking care of my Mother with a Brain Tumor for about 12 years now. It has been 10-12 years since I have gone on a vacation without my Mom and I recently have started therapy too. I have been here caregiver this entire time. I have planned a trip to Florida with my Niece starting May 22nd and my Mom has a sitter which stays with her during the week and will be available to me, while I am gone, but the family somewhat slacks in paying for things.
I need money to give my Sitter so I can get away. My therapist says, If I do not worry about myself more, my Mother isn’t going to have a caregiver. Can you help me?