Divorced single parent with a job

State and local government assistance programs.
Larrykudlow
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Divorced single parent with a job

Post by Larrykudlow »

Hello,
I encountered hardship for the past few months working part time and temporary jobs to keep our (my children) heads above water. I am a divorced, single parent, I work, and I am a student.
I have been living in my apartment for 2 years, and my manager out us on month-to-month lease, because I was unable to pay my rent by the 2nd. The reason I was unable to pay my rent, my checking account negative therefore I was unable to pay. After the 2nd each month rent is considered late no grace period.
I was bless to start a career full time job on the October 6, however I do not get paid until October 23rd, and the rent office want their payment by October 16 of $1088 (fees are included). I must hold on to my part time night job, so I can get out of this rut, and get food in my home. I may have $200.00 on the 16th.
Please assist us. I am willing to pay it back. I live in Fairfield, Ohio 45014.
Brit CMA

Re: Divorced single parent with a job

Post by Brit CMA »

I am single divorcee living on my own. I am renting out a apartment in Napoleon, Ohio and I have had extra unexpected expenses this month. My car broke down and was not able to drive. I had to pay someone to take me to and from work and pay to fix my car. Which took rent money away from me. I spent 300 on gas and my car. I recently just got insurance on Thursday and that also put me behind. I also had to pay my phone bill, $100, my electricity, $100, insurance was $84.32 and now I need rent. I only have $200 and rent is $435 and has to be paid by the 5th of this month or else I have to pay another $50 for being late. I only make $9.00 a hour and it's just not enough for all my bills. I haven’t bought food for my apartment in over a month because I simply can't afford to. I need help very badly.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Divorced single parent with a job

Post by Admin »

Many churches will offer advice, and maybe even financial help, to single parents. It will not matter your religion or beliefs. They will not ask, and that will not prevent you from getting aid. Especially since you are working part time and/or temp jobs, you are showing initiative. So that increases your chances of getting help. So try a local parish, and tell them what you need. They may have it in their hearts to assist. Find assistance from a church.
Larrykudlow wrote:Hello,
I encountered hardship for the past few months working part time and temporary jobs to keep our (my children) heads above water. I am a divorced, single parent, I work, and I am a student.
Annies Emerald

Re: Divorced single parent with a job in Napoleon OH

Post by Annies Emerald »

I am currently in need of assistance paying my electric bill that is being shut off today for the amount of $216.45
I just recently started a job at Dana Corporation in Napoleon OH but I have been unemployed up until now. I am scheduled to be disconnected today if the minimum amount can't be paid. I have myself and my 15yr old niece living with me in my brothers home. He owns the home but resides with his girlfriend and his daughter stays here with me. I'm responsible for all utilities and food. Any help from a place in Napoleon would be truly appreciated this month while I'm transitioning from unemployed to working.
I am currently home today from work trying to prevent my electric from being shut off.
I truly appreciate any help that can be provided. Attached is a copy of my account number and the amount that needs paid in order to keep service on.