Need assistance, disabled, recent kidney transplant, no job

People looking for general financial assistance.
Also look here for programs on the main NHPB site for local financial help.
Nightmax
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need assistance, disabled, recent kidney transplant, no job

Post by Nightmax »

Hello, my name is and I am looking for assistance. I have been unemployed now since 12/2003; went in to see my internal medicine doctor who said I was going on disability based on kidney insufficiency. Returned to work and that was the last day I physically worked; by April when I went to see yet another doctor for my kidneys he immediately transfered me to Sutter Medical Center in Roseville and I started dialysis. Since that time I have continued to stay progressive, active and positive. I enrolled in college to complete my degree and worked online to do so while on dialysis; my employer was the State of California who said they could hold my job and didn't. I have worked really hard to stay a part of the living by being responsible, paying my rent, making car payments, paying bills until my savings ran out. I was homeless for a few weeks, and then moved in with different people until I could get Social Security Disability. When my employer cut me and closed my return to my position with the state I was placed on disability and receive a small pension.

For the last 8 years I have not been able to work much but when I could find something I took it. I am aggressive and work hard to take care of things, however with the economy, high unemployment and not life saving transplant medication I just do not have enough money to pay for all of my expenses or responsibilities. I lost my car when I could no longer pay the monthly payments, so travel by public transportation and disability aids. My monthly disability check go on my rent and the stipend in retirement goes on the remaining bills. This month all though I juggle bills around and pay what I can afford it is getting tougher to make all ends meet. I am running out of medication for my transplant by tomorrow and although I have been out looking for employment and parttime jobs, I just have not been able to find one. What is scaring me is that I constantly hear that I am over qualified and we dare not risk hiring you, putting in the training to get you to work for us, only to loose you in a few months when a better job comes around. I feel discriminated against because I recently turned 51 in August, I am allergic to the sun due to Lupus, hypertension and now my diabetes has returned; I only travel early morning or late in the afternoon because the heat bothers me and the my allergy to the sun makes it difficult to do much. I am starting to feel trapped because I rarely leave my home with no income, a job, or getting out of this apartment where for two summers I have bedbugs or fleas. My manager said because the man she sent to find anything reported that he thought my flea comments were all in my head, nothing was really done, and although the man the complex uses said they sprayed for bugs, I seriously doubt it. I need help with medications or getting my rent of $900 paid for a month to allow me to save up some money to catch up on other bills; my food bills are so low I run out of groceries because I have nothing else to buy more. I have no food at this point and I am just really frustrated, and tired of not being able to get out of this situation. I work really hard without help each month to handle all of my repsonsibilities but I just am not able to keep this facade up anymore and would appreciate some kind of help or assistance in moving forward. I appreciate whatever information or assistance I can obtain from you thanks. With no income my educational loans are now overdue because I have not been able to obtain a job to help me pay the tuition. I barely eat so my electrical bills have finally begun to receed with my not cooking or buying much food. Thank in advance.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need assistance, disabled, recent kidney transplant, no

Post by Admin »

Are you in California still? Try using this link for information on financial assistance.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/
Use the navigation bars on the left menu to find programs. Selct your state, medications, or other aid from the left navigation bars.
Nightmax wrote:Hello, my name is and I am looking for assistance. I have been unemployed now since 12/2003; went in to see my internal medicine doctor who said I was going on disability based on kidney insufficiency. Returned to work and that was the last day I physically worked; by April when I went to see yet another doctor for my kidneys he immediately transfered me to Sutter Medical Center in Roseville and I started dialysis. Since that time I have continued to stay progressive, active and positive. I enrolled in college to complete my degree and worked online to do so while on dialysis; my employer was the State of California who said they could hold my job and didn't. I have worked really hard to stay a part of the living by being responsible, paying my rent, making car payments, paying bills until my savings ran out. I was homeless for a few weeks, and then moved in with different people until I could get Social Security Disability. When my employer cut me and closed my return to my position with the state I was placed on disability and receive a small pension.

For the last 8 years I have not been able to work much but when I could find something I took it. I am aggressive and work hard to take care of things, however with the economy, high unemployment and not life saving transplant medication I just do not have enough money to pay for all of my expenses or responsibilities. I lost my car when I could no longer pay the monthly payments, so travel by public transportation and disability aids. My monthly disability check go on my rent and the stipend in retirement goes on the remaining bills. This month all though I juggle bills around and pay what I can afford it is getting tougher to make all ends meet. I am running out of medication for my transplant by tomorrow and although I have been out looking for employment and parttime jobs, I just have not been able to find one. What is scaring me is that I constantly hear that I am over qualified and we dare not risk hiring you, putting in the training to get you to work for us, only to loose you in a few months when a better job comes around. I feel discriminated against because I recently turned 51 in August, I am allergic to the sun due to Lupus, hypertension and now my diabetes has returned; I only travel early morning or late in the afternoon because the heat bothers me and the my allergy to the sun makes it difficult to do much. I am starting to feel trapped because I rarely leave my home with no income, a job, or getting out of this apartment where for two summers I have bedbugs or fleas. My manager said because the man she sent to find anything reported that he thought my flea comments were all in my head, nothing was really done, and although the man the complex uses said they sprayed for bugs, I seriously doubt it. I need help with medications or getting my rent of $900 paid for a month to allow me to save up some money to catch up on other bills; my food bills are so low I run out of groceries because I have nothing else to buy more. I have no food at this point and I am just really frustrated, and tired of not being able to get out of this situation. I work really hard without help each month to handle all of my repsonsibilities but I just am not able to keep this facade up anymore and would appreciate some kind of help or assistance in moving forward. I appreciate whatever information or assistance I can obtain from you thanks. With no income my educational loans are now overdue because I have not been able to obtain a job to help me pay the tuition. I barely eat so my electrical bills have finally begun to receed with my not cooking or buying much food. Thank in advance.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

In addition, a couple more resources and links for you.
Here is free health care, clinics, etc.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... _care.html

As far as assistance programs for your state, find California here
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cal ... grams.html
Scroll midway down the page too to select your town/county.
Nightmax wrote:Hello, my name is and I am looking for assistance. I have been unemployed now since 12/2003; went in to see my internal medicine doctor who said I was going on disability based on kidney insufficiency. Returned to work and that was the last day I physically worked; by April when I went to see yet another doctor for my kidneys he immediately transfered me to Sutter Medical Center in Roseville and I started dialysis. Since that time I have continued to stay progressive, active and positive. I enrolled in college to complete my degree and worked online to do so while on dialysis; my employer was the State of California who said they could hold my job and didn't. I have worked really hard to stay a part of the living by being responsible, paying my rent, making car payments, paying bills until my savings ran out. I was homeless for a few weeks, and then moved in with different people until I could get Social Security Disability. When my employer cut me and closed my return to my position with the state I was placed on disability and receive a small pension.

Berman

Post by Berman »

Hello. I am on disability and I work part time. I make very little. My daughter is 15. I’m raising her myself. I have diabetic neuropathy. 20% heart blockage. Fibromyalgia. I had bought a hot water heater. and its put me way behind on my bills. I also have severe depression, etc. and use lots of medications. If you could help me get back on track financially It would be greatly appreciated! sincerely. I am sending with lots of hugs...Thank you
Loider

Post by Loider »

I am a month and a half behind on my rent. My utilities are behind and they just added another $500 on to my bill due to my ex-husband. My phone and internet were shut off. I have a decent job but its not enough to pay everything and still keep groceries in the house and gas in the car. I have three boys that I am completely responsible for, and one is disabled. This is important on the verge of losing everything including my job and my mind. Please point me in the direction of someone that can help.