Dad died and unpaid medical bills

Help with paying medical bills
Lucy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Dad died and unpaid medical bills

Post by Lucy »

Hello. I'm Jamie. A friend sent me this link and said you could possibly help me. My dad, Jim, died about 2 months ago. He was in and out of the hospital for a better part of last year and had medical bills of about $95,000. (!) The state (of Iowa) is taking my dad's house and land now, since me and my sister Melissa can't pay the bill. Far as I know he had insurance. I just thought I'd check and see if there was anything left to do to help pay the medical bills of people who died. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. This is my e mail. Thank you
Phyllis

Re: Dad died and unpaid medical bills

Post by Phyllis »

Hi my name is Harry and a native born Huntsville resident. I have never asked for help with my finances and I have been laid off work for medical reasons, then my dad died with medical bills and debts due. I tried to seek help thru unemployment but I guess I didn't qualify.
I don't want to not pay my bills... I need help paying my utility bills as well as the medical debt for my dad and funeral. I need help just until I get my first paycheck on June 13th 2022.
I have no money to survive on at all and nothing to eat. I am fortunate that my landlord is helping me with my rent until I can get straightened out again.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Harry
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dad died and unpaid medical bills

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about the loss of your father. Of course talk to the medical providers, hospitals, etc. Maybe they have charity programs? In addition to that, try non-profit credit counseling agencies for debt help.
Many offer phone consultations, online sessions, and more. Maybe they can refer you to financial aid as well.

Phyllis wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:25 am Hi my name is Harry and a native born Huntsville resident. I have never asked for help with my finances and I have been laid off work for medical reasons, then my dad died with medical bills and debts due. I tried to seek help thru unemployment but I guess I didn't qualify.
I don't want to not pay my bills... I need help paying my utility bills as well as the medical debt for my dad and funeral. I need help just until I get my first paycheck on June 13th 2022.
I have no money to survive on at all and nothing to eat. I am fortunate that my landlord is helping me with my rent until I can get straightened out again.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Harry