I need dentures

Help with paying medical bills
Brushes
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I need dentures

Post by Brushes »

Hi, I am writing because I am 36 and disabled. I live in Mt Pleasant SC. I have cyclic vomiting syndrome and migraines and stay sick. That has caused all my teeth to break and they hurt so badly. I was told by my doctors they need to come out ASAP. I have Medicaid and Medicare and neither helps costs. .I have called Ecco and MUSC with no luck. I am only 36 and don't want to walk around with no teeth either, so I need dentures. I'm just not sure where to turn or who else to call. Any info you can help with would be really appreciated. Thanks so much.
Combs

Re: I need dentures

Post by Combs »

Hello,
I am a 66 year old widow in desperate need of dentures. I have called several dental offices and two of them have suggested that I contact the Agency on Aging.
Is there any sort of assistance available in that area? Do you have any other recommendations?
Thank you in advance for any help that may be available.
Berman

Post by Berman »

Hello.
I was hoping you could help me. My wife is disabled and I am having financial difficulties. Also she just had to have all her teeth pull and she will need dentures and I can't afford them. If you can help please get back in touch with me. Thank you for your time and have a great day.
PitPit

Post by PitPit »

Good Evening, my name is Florence. I'm 57, I'm on SSI and in need of dental work or dentures. I live in Enterprise, Alabama. I'm also a widow, my husband of 33 years passed away on April 2020. I worked for the Department of Defense, as a Civilian Employee in Germany for 20 years.
I have been disabled since 2009 when I had to have both of my knees replaced due to arthritis. I have been under Medicare since 2012. When my husband was still alive I fell under hi Dental Insurance. I have not been to the Dentist since 2015, I had the front of a tooth literally fall off last weekend. I have several holes in my mouth that the dentures could replace. The doctor who replaced my knees, Dr. Farris, told me that I could not have any holes in my mouth because the decay could get in and somehow get to the metal in my knee and cause infection and could kill me. I also had two heart stints put in in 2017.
I'm currently under Hospice care because of my heart. I get my late husbands pension and my monthly disability. But right now my bank account is overdrawn and we have had our water and lights turned off this past February and March and we're having to pawn things just to buy food.
But I make too much money to get Medicare and food stamps. Please help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Dental work can be free at clinics, but as far as dentures, those tend to be harder to get. But you can look into a clinic. Maybe a volunteer dentists too. Some may ask for a "small" donation, but the dental clinics will still probably be your best option. Find details here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... inics.html
Anya

Post by Anya »

I need dentures. I have been taking medicine that has caused my teeth to fall out. I have been trying to get it fixed but I can't afford thousands of dollars in dental work. I am a single mother of 2 and I don’t smile because of the damage to my teeth. I have Huntington's disease and over the last 7 years I have been taking 13 different medicines to deal with symptoms. I was able to get into a clinical trial for HD. Thankfully the medicine I received in the trial I feel saved my life but caused me teeth to fall out – those dentures. I am symptom free. It has been at a great personal lose because the medicine weakened the enamel and over time it is gone. I just want to be able to eat, smile and feel pretty. I shy away from pictures. I have lost a lot of weight. I am hoping that you could help me get my life back. I want to smile like I did in the Marines. I don't want to go another day with someone saying that I look mad. I am 42 years old, need dentures and I want to be the mom I used to be. Thank you for any help that you can give me.
Leann, USMC Vet.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sounds like the families / patients here are on Medicaid. There are free dentures programs, from each state (that offers Medicaid) as well as dentists and clinics. Partial and full dentures are available, and look here for free dentures from government Medicaid.