Help W/ Utility Bill and Rent - Just Once

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
STB19
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help W/ Utility Bill and Rent - Just Once

Post by STB19 »

Hi, I desperately need help with my electric bill and rent. I am a single parent in hampton roads virginia and have been independant foever. This past year has been financially unbearable, I was off from work due to neck pain in Nov 2009 and finally got a diagnosis (extruted * in my cervical spine) in January and surgery (diskectomy) in Feb. Although I have health insurance and a job, I went down to half pay and I fell behind on bills. During the same time, I had over $3000 garnished from my check. I went back to work early to get off of half pay but I am still behind and facing eviction and my electricity being disconnected. I wont have anymore family members to ask for help and I have exhausted all other resources. I seem to make too much money (on paper)for social service help but without a small bit of help, my 11 year old son and I will be homeless by September.

I'm just looking for a little help, just enough help to keep my son and I together in our apartment with electicity. I will pay it back, work it off, donate time or services, do community service, anything.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help W/ Utility Bill and Rent - Just Once

Post by Admin »

Is Hampton Roads part of the Virginia Beach area? If so, here are several options and organizations to call for rent and energy bill help
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
The Dwelling Place which can be reached at (757) 624-9879
Hampton Roads area also served by a Catholic Charities, and this can be reached at (757) 539-5201.
Maybe also try the free legal aid program for the Virginia Beach area, and that number is on the link as well.
STB19 wrote:Hi, I desperately need help with my electric bill and rent. I am a single parent in hampton roads virginia and have been independant foever. This past year has been financially unbearable, I was off from work due to neck pain in Nov 2009 and finally got a diagnosis (extruted * in my cervical spine) in January and surgery (diskectomy) in Feb. Although I have health insurance and a job, I went down to half pay and I fell behind on bills. During the same time, I had over $3000 garnished from my check. I went back to work early to get off of half pay but I am still behind and facing eviction and my electricity being disconnected. I wont have anymore family members to ask for help and I have exhausted all other resources. I seem to make too much money (on paper)for social service help but without a small bit of help, my 11 year old son and I will be homeless by September.

I'm just looking for a little help, just enough help to keep my son and I together in our apartment with electicity. I will pay it back, work it off, donate time or services, do community service, anything.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
Mikey1

Post by Mikey1 »

Hello my name is Elenora. I am trying my best to find help. I don't really know what I am doing. I need help with my electric bill and my rent. My husband is working now but isn't making enough money to get caught up with either rent or electric bills. I am currently looking for a job and haven't had any luck. I need help badly and don't know who to ask or what to do. I am on the verge of loosing my electric and being evicted all at once. I have 2 children in the home. I hope that you can help me find what I need.
Gonzalez

looking for help with bills

Post by Gonzalez »

Ever since I married my husband from Germany, we had a difficult time with life in general. My family has not helped much and I was the only one working until he became a Perm Alien. We have a son that isn't 2 years old yet. Amazingly we have made it this far but we are in a financial bind and don't want it to get worse. He is working and I am in the process of getting a job I hope. We are behind payments since we have moved and we don't qualify for loans. Just wondering if there is help so we don't lose our cell phone (main line of communication) car loans (so we don't lose our vehicles) gas etc until I get a job. Cell phone is about $126, both vehicle loans $500, $171 for gas, rent $500 etc.
We are in Cranberry Township, Pa. Any help is appreciated!!

Sherri
Admin
Site Admin

Re: looking for help with bills

Post by Admin »

Cranberry Township is in Buck County PA. Here are some different agencies that can help with bills, maybe car, and other expenses. Call the local community action agency, Supports to Encourage Low-income Families. They offer numerous assistance programs, and can refer people to local agencies and non-profits. (513) 868-9300 There is also info here on other agencies and non-profits
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
Gonzalez wrote:Ever since I married my husband from Germany, we had a difficult time with life in general. My family has not helped much and I was the only one working until he became a Perm Alien. We have a son that isn't 2 years old yet. Amazingly we have made it this far but we are in a financial bind and don't want it to get worse. He is working and I am in the process of getting a job I hope. We are behind payments since we have moved and we don't qualify for loans. Just wondering if there is help so we don't lose our cell phone (main line of communication) car loans (so we don't lose our vehicles) gas etc until I get a job. Cell phone is about $126, both vehicle loans $500, $171 for gas, rent $500 etc.
We are in Cranberry Township, Pa. Any help is appreciated!!

Sherri
Smith

Post by Smith »

I live in Tampa bay Florida and I am trying my best to find help. I don't really know what I am doing. I need help with my electric bill and help with paying my rent. My husband is working now but isn't making enough money to get caught up. I am currently looking for a job and haven't had any luck. I need help badly and don't know who to ask or what to do. I am on the verge of loosing my electric and being evicted all at once. I have 2 children in the home. I hope that you can help me find what I need.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Tampa Bay is in Hillsborough County Florida, and there are eviction prevention organizations, programs, and agencies that can also help with paying energy bills. This may be one of the best links to learn about your options and the resources in Tampa Bay. There are even places that can help with credit card and medical debts! for example, find the phone number and details on what the Hillsborough County Community Action Program offers, including how counselors can help advise you and help you apply for aid. Their phone number is (813) 272-6776. But find other local programs here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html

Smith wrote:I live in Tampa bay Florida and I am trying my best to find help. I don't really know what I am doing. I need help with my electric bill and help with paying my rent. My husband is working now but isn't making enough money to get caught up. I am currently looking for a job and haven't had any luck. I need help badly and don't know who to ask or what to do. I am on the verge of loosing my electric and being evicted all at once. I have 2 children in the home. I hope that you can help me find what I need.
tippermac

Post by tippermac »

I would greatly appreciate help with my rent and utilities for this month u was laid off and I am not able to support my son and pay my bills for this month I receive 156 every 2 weeks for child support and its not enough to pay my bill its just enough to buy him is needs and food, I hope to hear from you soon thank you

Dallas,Texas
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are a ton of places to go to in Dallas Texas for help with utilities and paying rent, and programs help the unemployed and people who have been laid off from their jobs. Some of the programs and agencies can be found here, as well as phone numbers to call
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
For example, the Urban League of Greater Dallas. Dial this agency at 214-915-4600
Dall area, both County and city, Catholic Charities can be called at ((214) 826-8330))
Maybe a good place to call to focus on rent or housing help is the Interfaith Housing Coalition, phone number (214) 827-7337.
Many of these places can also provide food, debt and mortgage counseling, and just aid in general.
tippermac wrote:I would greatly appreciate help with my rent and utilities for this month u was laid off and I am not able to support my son and pay my bills for this month I receive 156 every 2 weeks for child support and its not enough to pay my bill its just enough to buy him is needs and food, I hope to hear from you soon thank you

Dallas,Texas