Help paying electric and gas bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Mikey1
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:37 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help paying electric and gas bills

Post by Mikey1 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:38 am

I need help paying my water and electric bills. I had surgery and pysical therapy several times this year and I'm having surgery again on tues, followed by months of physical therapy. Medical bills and other expenses are also high.
I have tried to explain my situation to the liheap board, the water company and other gtoups but I still get shut off notices that further stres me out and a friend suggested I check online for help. If you can help or direct to nother posible source I'd APPRECIATE IT. THANK YOU

flossie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:18 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Help paying electric and gas bills

Post by flossie » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:27 pm

mikey,have you tryed a church?I had to do that about six years ago.

zen1
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:02 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Electricity, gas bills, LIHEAP

Post by zen1 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:06 am

I live in Orlando, FL and recently lost my job. I need help to pay my electricity bills. I tried to call the number for Orange County assistance for the LIHEAP program but can never get through to their office at 407-836-7429. My email address is [email protected]. I appreciate any help we can receive and hope it can be as soon as possible because I fear my electrice will be shut off and I am 61 and unable to deal with the heat of Florida when there is no air conditioning. My husband who is 49 is also unable to deal with the heat in Orlanda. The electric bills are in my name, and we can't afford to pay them. Once again, thank you for your immediate assistance with helping us to pay our utilities

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7373
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Electricity, gas bills, LIHEAP

Post by Admin » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:52 pm

There are some options in Orlando and Orange County Fl. The groups to call include the Heart of Florida United Way, and the number is (407) 835-0900. The Salvation Army of Orange County Florida offers numerous energy bill and other assistance programs. Their number is (407) 295-9311. Find other ways to get help with utility and AC bills, LIHEAP, and other aid here Good luck, as I know Orlando can be hot this time of year..
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
zen1 wrote:I live in Orlando, FL and recently lost my job. I need help to pay my electricity bills. I tried to call the number for Orange County assistance for the LIHEAP program but can never get through to their office at 407-836-7429. My email address is [email protected]. I appreciate any help we can receive and hope it can be as soon as possible because I fear my electrice will be shut off and I am 61 and unable to deal with the heat of Florida when there is no air conditioning. My husband who is 49 is also unable to deal with the heat in Orlanda. The electric bills are in my name, and we can't afford to pay them. Once again, thank you for your immediate assistance with helping us to pay our utilities

Bw19
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:03 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Gas service been disconnected

Post by Bw19 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:59 am

I am in need of immediate assistance. My gas service has been disconnected. My electric utility bill is due. I was laid off in Jan. 2010. My family is getting further behind in all of our bills from rent to groceries. We have children two which are in need of dental care the insurance will not cover completely. We are unable to receive assistance because when school is in session I substitute teach and tutor so we exceed the income limit for food assistance. Please send any info that can help us get assistance. Alabama

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7373
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Gas service been disconnected

Post by Admin » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:22 pm

In Alabama, ask about the Neighbors Helping Neighbors Fund. It is an assistance fund. Contact your local Salvation Army. Alabama Power Co. waives the monthly service charge for people on SSI or gov't assistance. 1-800-245-2244. Mobile Gas does the same fee waivers, and their number is 251-476-8052
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html

Bw19 wrote:I am in need of immediate assistance. My gas service has been disconnected. My electric utility bill is due. I was laid off in Jan. 2010. My family is getting further behind in all of our bills from rent to groceries. We have children two which are in need of dental care the insurance will not cover completely. We are unable to receive assistance because when school is in session I substitute teach and tutor so we exceed the income limit for food assistance. Please send any info that can help us get assistance. Alabama

lesliaklendman
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:30 pm
Location: San FraN

Re: Help paying electric and gas bills

Post by lesliaklendman » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:08 am

My brother needs assistance obtaining propane for the winter. He is not able to work and does not have any income. He applied for disability and even though his doctor has filed all the proper papers he is caught in the deny and delay process. In the past I had helped him with heating costs but due to my own financial situation I will not be able to assist him. He needs help. He was forced to heat with electric heaters last year because I could not come up with the money needed for a full tank of propane and they would not sell what I could afford. My Brother is Roger K Howe. His address is Custar, Ohio 43511. He only has a prepay cell phone with limited minutes so it would be best if you could contact him. He is not able to drive so has no way of going to your office. Please help.

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7373
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Help paying electric and gas bills

Post by Admin » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:27 am

Yes, winter is right around the corner. Propane and other heating fuel can usually be obtained from government programs, non-profits, and charities. For Custar and wood County Ohio try these various groups. I think the first place you want to call is the WSOS Community Action Agency, and they are on 109 South Front Street. The phone number is 1800-775-9767. Call them and ask about propane heating bill programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
lesliaklendman wrote:My brother needs assistance obtaining propane for the winter. He is not able to work and does not have any income. He applied for disability and even though his doctor has filed all the proper papers he is caught in the deny and delay process. In the past I had helped him with heating costs but due to my own financial situation I will not be able to assist him. He needs help. He was forced to heat with electric heaters last year because I could not come up with the money needed for a full tank of propane and they would not sell what I could afford. My Brother is Roger K Howe. His address is Custar, Ohio 43511. He only has a prepay cell phone with limited minutes so it would be best if you could contact him. He is not able to drive so has no way of going to your office. Please help.

mikej23231
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:22 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Help paying electric and gas bills

Post by mikej23231 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:42 pm

To Whom This May Concern:

I need help paying my utility and gas bills. I was laid off on 08/13/10 and still haven't employment and not receiving any unemployment.

I recently had my water turned off and really don't know what to do. My electric may go off next. I can be reached at for now,until that service is cut off as well.

I would appreciate any help or asssitance that you can provide me. I live in Rochester NY.

Sincerely,

Cassandra

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7373
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Help paying electric and gas bills

Post by Admin » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:03 am

Try calling the local community action agency in Monroe County and Rochester NY known as Action for a Better Community, Inc. (ABC). The phone number is (585) 295-1825. They definitely offer a heating assistance program, and maybe can provide help for paying water bills. Why have you not received unemployment? It should not take 3 months. On the site you will also find info on free legal programs for New York, so you may want to call one of those firms and ask them for help dealing with the government unemployment office and process. Attorneys do help with those types of cases as well. Good luck. I know Rochester can get cold in the winter.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogr2.html
mikej23231 wrote:To Whom This May Concern:

I need help paying my utility and gas bills. I was laid off on 08/13/10 and still haven't employment and not receiving any unemployment.

I recently had my water turned off and really don't know what to do. My electric may go off next. I can be reached at for now,until that service is cut off as well.

I would appreciate any help or assistance that you can provide me. I live in Rochester NY.

Sincerely,

Cassandra

Perkins1
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 11:33 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help paying electric and gas bills

Post by Perkins1 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:46 am

My husband is a 34 year old, 100% disabled veteran and we get SSI and VA pay but we can't get ahead. We just moved to Tupelo Mississippi on some land and we don't have power. Every time we get ahead to get power something always comes up. We need $75 for the permit and $350 for the deposit to get power. Its so hot we don't Even have water yet we get it from a neighbor. We are in need of some help and I don't no where to turn to we both don't have any family and the only friends we have are our neighbors. Please if you could help us by putting us in the right path it would mean the world to us. Thanks

Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7373
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue
Contact:

Re: Help paying electric and gas bills

Post by Admin » Tue May 15, 2012 8:52 am

Did you try contacting your local Veterans Administration. They may have some ideas for you, and oftentimes they will have emergency cash funds too that people can use for electric bills, deposits, and the like. That amount for power doesn't seem to be unachievable. Do you get a check from the government that you can use for the power bills and deposit. Maybe do that. As far as other options, the state does have a number of resources. Read more on the various Mississippi utility company assistance programs.

Perkins
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:12 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Help paying electric and gas bills

Post by Perkins » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:18 am

Hello. We need help with paying our utility bills. We have been on the equal payment plan for our natural gas bills in Wisconsin, but, I have been out of work for over two years. I have been taking care of my mother who died last year with cancer. I have been trying to get a job. My husband finished going back to school and now we are now faced with paying back his loans. We have taken out small loans that are also requiring monthly payments. We have one son who is 10 years old. Our bills are due tomorrow. I am not sure where to turn. I would appreciate any help you are able to provide. Thank you,

Uline One
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:35 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help paying electric and gas bills

Post by Uline One » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:38 pm

Our gas and electric is due for disconnect on the 18th. We have been trying to come up with the money but everything we try doesn't work. I get $1202.40 social security per month and my wife was getting unemployment but the government hasn't voted to extend that. Her last check was received on 12/28/2013.
She was permanently disabled in November 2012 and we had to hire an attorney because she has been denied SS Disability. Our house payment is $750 month and my wife also has Celiac Disease which makes our food bill about 100 per week. We are close to losing everything. Can you help please?

Roker
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:42 pm
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Help paying electric and gas bills

Post by Roker » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:48 pm

Gas electric bill needs paying. I'm very sick. My parents have been helping me with my pge and rent for the past 3 years. I'm unable to work.
I have been diagnosed with ehlers syndrome, and pots it’s a connective tissue disorder. I have a lot of pain in my legs and hips. I also have graves’ disease and COPD. The PIPP program I didn't reup on time as I have memory issues.
I have to pay 240.00 dollars to reup on my PIPP. I have a 16 year old little girl I take care of. My parents are on a fixed income and is unable to help me with this. I don't know what to do please help me.... I'm supposed to come up with the money by April 21 or it will be higher bill. Once again I'm in desperate need for help.

Post Reply