Water bill help as unemployed

If you are struggling with utility - energy bills.
NHPB has more info on energy assistance, and find local utility bill assistance programs.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Water bill help as unemployed

Post by Admin »

Even if some agency were to help with your water bill, what would you do next month as you say you are unemployed? You need to find a source of income....or a job. So until then, you can explore programs, but most of the organizations will ask the same question. Anyway, find programs to pay water bills.
JoeQuick

Post by JoeQuick »

My family received assistance to have our water bill paid to Citizen's Energy Group in Hendricks County. The entire bill was paid. But we called this morning and they still won't turn us on until we pay them $88 more for a so called reconnect fee. Now we have to go all weekend again without water. The water we used has been paid for, this fee is a ransom. How is this legal for a public utility? Especially for that amount? It's legalized theft.
I'm unemployed and broke at the moment. I know I'm a loser but this is still poor treatment.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, what does the contract you have with the Hendricks County water company say? If the contract says they can charge that fee (or they support the amount), then you agreed to it and nothing you can do. Other than to apply for financial help, which may be found here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ce_pr.html
JoeQuick wrote:My family received assistance to have our water bill paid to Citizen's Energy Group in Hendricks County. The entire bill was paid. But we called this morning and they still won't turn us on until we pay them $88 more for a so called reconnect fee. Now we have to go all weekend again without water. The water we used has been paid for, this fee is a ransom. How is this legal for a public utility? Especially for that amount? It's legalized theft.
I'm unemployed and broke at the moment. I know I'm a loser but this is still poor treatment.