Raised in foster homes growing up

Anyone seeking grant information or comments on them
NHPB has many grant programs listed, and look here for grants to help pay bills.
Zentec1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Raised in foster homes growing up

Post by Zentec1 »

Dear Staff
I plan to return to the DC area on or about April 1 2022. I will be arriving from Tucson and need some grants, but I struggle due to being raised in foster homes.
While in Tucson I was able to utilize the services of a Veteran Transitional Housing entity (Esperanza End Escalante). There I was provided housing and other services. Eventually I was able to secure my own apartment. However now, I no longer have my job and I am unable to sign a new lease for the apartment.  I have in savings a thousand dollars which I can contribute to two months' rent. I am confident that with in that time I will secure, even if temporary, meaningful employment until I am able to work in my chosen field.
I would like to return to the DC area.  I lived and worked there 2011-2013 @ Holy Cross Hospital but, being raised in multiple foster homes,  I don't have a big support system and I don't want to end up on the streets (in case the hiring process takes a month or so longer than expected).
 I am highly qualified as a pharmacy technician with excellent credentials and have already started the job search process, from here in Tucson. However I will have to get the local licensing in place.
All I really need is a place to stay, a grant to pay for a subsidized motel room, a room in a facility or house even, with some privacy and, I am quite able to do the rest. Could you please advice and/or direct my request for a grant for people raised in a foster home?
Thanks,
lakeshia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Raised in foster homes growing up

Post by lakeshia »

I am writing in regards to my electricity. I am 20 years old. I am a foster child from California and I've moved out here and I get a $960 monthly benefit from California but I'm currently enrolled in school at delta tech and I am trying to make ends meet. I have been raised in foster homes my entire life. I want to pay my electricity bill and I just can't do it. I really need some help and get the resources that are available that can help me. I don't know what else to do. I think they will be turned off in the next few days is there any way that you can point me in the right direction to where I can get some help for electricity bills? It would be greatly appreciated.